• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
86,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to vote to pick the winner (y)

Just a reminder, as with the AO COTY competition this is a fun competition but at the same time members have taken the time & effort to clean their cars, take pics & post them, so similar rules apply.

So please no vote rigging, organised campaigns, use of additional or multiple accounts, coercion, promoting membership for voting purposes or any other method to increase votes for one entrant, against the spirit of the competition.

Members encouraging others to vote for their car will be disqualified, members encouraging others to vote for other entrants may result in that entry being disqualified, so again vote for whichever entry you think deserves to win & let everyone else do the same.

Full list of rules here Monthly Detailing Competition Rules

·
Administrator
86,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1. paultrim - Red Giulia

Managed to get a couple of quiet days, and dry, to get a bit of winter decon on the G.

Started with the usual powerwash to rinse the crud and then snowfoam, followed by a shampoo and clean. Iron out remover on the wheels and good scrub whilst waiting for the snowfoam to work its magic on the car.

After the snowfoam and shampoo, rinsed the car and started the chemcial decon on the drivers and passengers doors and rear bumper and back C pillars. Due to time I have only been able to door a few panels at a time with the DA polisher.

After chemical decon went to work with the clay bar, which suprisingly was pretty clear after the first pass. After decontamination worked the Menzerna 2500 with my DA polisher on the doors panels, rear bumper and back quarter panels. Followed this up with Carpro Eraser to remove the polishing oils and then finished it with BH Double Speed wax.

The panels at the front of the car which have already had the DA polisher work, I used Gyeon Wet Coat over the existing BH wax.

All a bit arse and face really and would rather do the whole car in one go with the polisher and wax but takes me so long to do, I have to split it over seperate washes.
1 paultrim 1 Red Giulia.jpg

1 paultrim 2 Red Giulia.jpg

1 paultrim 3 Red Giulia.jpg

·
Administrator
86,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2. keithyboy - Grey CRV

Time to clean the smelly old tank.

Interior plastics scrubbed with APC three ****ing times to get clean. Boot carpet removed, hoovered, scrubbed and beaten. Various unpleasant stains on the seats also scrubbed. Plastics then done with some cheapo dashboard shine and the glass with quick detailer.

Outside got nothing more than a wash and dry on this occasion. If it doesn't get sold, it'll get a proper clean in spring.
2 keithyboy 1 Grey CRV.jpg

2 keithyboy 2 Grey CRV.jpg

2 keithyboy 3 Grey CRV.jpg

2 keithyboy 4 Grey CRV.jpg

2 keithyboy 5 Grey CRV.jpg

2 keithyboy 6 Grey CRV.jpg

·
Administrator
86,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3. amfalconer - Red 159

Not exactly a bumper crop of pictures, by the time I finished, light was going and the next day the car got filthy again, but here goes...

Annual de-wax with some washing up liquid followed by a fallout remover on the bodywork and wheels courtesy of Car Gods 54 Ares (which worked, but stank to high heaven)

I got an Auto Finesse kit for Christmas which included a clay bar, along with various polishes and waxes so some new products for me to try...

Car was then fully clayed, washed again with Auto Finesse 'Lather' shampoo, including all door shuts, bonnet and boot reveals and dried off with a small Makita leaf blower and microfibre towels

The front bumpers, lower doors and side skirts were fully de-tarred with Autoglym Tar Remover, all wheel wells washed, mudflaps wiped down.

Car was then treated to a mild paint correction with the DA polisher using Meguiars Utimate Compound, followed by a coating of Poorboy's Black Hole.

Finally waxed with the Auto Finesse 'Radiance' wax, all black plastics, scuttle panel, door trims and mudflaps treated with Meguiars Ultimate Black trim restorer, tailpipes given a quick run over with some Autosol and windows cleaned with Simoniz Glass Cleaner (great stuff, even use it in the house), finally tyres treated with Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel before moving onto the inside.

Inside wasn't too bad, so a quick hoover over, windows and all mirrors cleaned inside, seats door cards, kick panels and all interior surfaces. (bar headlining) wiped over with Meguiars APC, and a new Yankee Candle Leather Car Jar so it smells as nice as it looks.

All told about 6-7 hours work, and over 10mi (or 20,000+ steps) covered by my fitness tracker just doing the work, exhausting, but oh so clean and shiny.

Auto Finesse products weren't bad either, the wax was a joy to use.

Lasted less than 14 hours before it was splashed with muck again :mad:
3 amfalconer 1 Red 159.jpg

3 amfalconer 2 Red 159.jpeg

3 amfalconer 3 Red 159.jpg

·
Administrator
86,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's all the entries, get your vote in for whichever entry you think deserves to win (y)

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
159 on the basis that it's 12 years old and remarkably clean.

·
Administrator
86,623 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts