1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
87,335 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.8TS
389 Posts
Wash, clay, 4 step paint correction, wax and seal done on my '03 RST this weekend.
Last picture shows before>after cutting>final result on the roof.

1. Chemical Guys [email protected] microfibre pad.
2. Chemical Guys [email protected] Black Diamond yellow pad.
3. Chemical Guys [email protected] Country white pad.
4. Chemical Guys [email protected] Country red pad.
5. Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax.
6. Meguiars Paint Protect.

·
Registered
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.8TS
389 Posts
How long did it take you doing a 4 stage polish?
I spent 10-12 hours total, divided over two days. Would usually have taken longer, but there was hardly any large contaminants, so didn't have to use the clay bar much.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Foamed up with Demon Shine using a hose attachment, wheels washed with a waffle brush, rinsed all over, washed with Meguirs Gold Standard shampoo and a mitt, rinsed again. Dried with a Meguirs towel. Windscreen polished with Autoglym glass polish, exterior plastics treated with Megs stuff on a small sponge. AG Super Resin Polish on the bonnet to hide some small scratches, followed by AG Aqua Wax all over.
Then a wipe over with Megs detailer for the final few smears. Interior hoovered & dusted over with Megs interior detailer & tailpipes polishes with Autosol.

Attachments

·
Administrator
87,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Entries for October carried over to November competition due to lack of entries as per the rules.

·
Administrator
87,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Entries carried over to December competition due to lack of entries as per the rules.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My entry for Jan-19
I've been using some products from EZ Car Care. Last month I used the EZ Glaze followed by Nardo wax but didn't get around to take any photos. I found them very hard to remove even in the cold but pleased with the results.

This month a good wash followed by a spray over with the EZ Fusion spray sealant and topped off with Finish Kare #425 Ultra Slick Polywipe. I like the Fusion as a quick spray and jet wash off (like the Gyeon Wet Coat) but you have to be careful on dark colours to remove it in time. This time I used it like a drying aid and buffed after.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,010 Posts
It's been a while since the thing saw a bit of soapy water. This morning I:

Washed it off with snow foam
Washed it with whatever shampoo was under the sink.
Dried it.
Had a further play with the DA on the roof (Megs ultimate compound, then black hole, then EGP by hand).
A quick tickle with quick detailer.
Tyres done with Auto Glym gel stuff

In spring the whole car will get the DA treatment followed by a was rather than EGP.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts