Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have just bought myself alovely red alfa 145 cloverleaf and now its sick i cannot get new aux drivebelt and belt tensioner reffited as i seem to not have enough belt to fit around all pulleys all sensible replies please janet:rant:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Hi Janet, I don't know anything about 145's so it's just a wild guess but there aren't 2 types of belt are there? (To take into account some 145's having a/c and some not)

Hope you get it sorted, no-one deserves a poorly Alfa :(

Sorry, where ar emy manners? Welcome to AO ;-)

W

·
0 Posts
Ode is probably right, did the supplier check your chassis number when ordering?

Welcome :D

wrinx

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Super Moderator
60,032 Posts
Hi Janet, welcome to AO, hope this problem gets fixed pronto, poor little alfa:(. Enjoy the site, Cheers:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi i am told i have the correct belt ac pump and correct belt stretcher i need the orientation of tensioner picture i have shows tensioner pulley facing down but cannot fit this way as pin on rear of tensioner does not line up with locating hole on engine and when i tension stretcher i seem to be a bit short of belt to fit round the six pullies i hope you can understand what im trying to say janet

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hello wrinx no picture different six pullies ac pump undriven pulley crank belt stretcher alternator steering pump i guess im doing something wrong with belt tensioner as old belt seems the same as old one and tensioner matches how do i position belt tensioner and which direction do i move it to slip belt on, as seem to have too little belt left too slip on undriven pully merry christmas ,, janet

W

·
0 Posts
From memory and looking at the piccy...it's a while since I did this, the tensioner looks like it should go anti-clockwise.

wrinx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts