Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience (good or bad) of Jamie Porter:confused:

http://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/

I am a BIG advocate of Intaservices in Leicester but I'm thinking ahead to cambelt time and the 36k service:eek:

The deal at JP looks unbeatable and is significantly cheaper than anything else I've seen (From memory), Intaservices charge over £500 for the belts & bits change exc. the service).

JP charges £430 inc. for the service & belts etc. plus £90 if you want the variator doing:cool:

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this guys & gals as don't want to fall into the "if it seems too good to be true, it usually is" catagory and end up getting a burnt bum:eek:

Cheers,

S

·
0 Posts
I've only heard good things about JP on this forum. I'm sure the good blokes know that they are being advertised and reciprocate in kind.

I'm just going by what I have heard here ( which seems about the best place you can get) for good advice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes,I was down at Jamie Porters the other week,highly recommended
I actually left a thread about him,I live in Warks. too,well worth the
journey,he will lend you a car,the only problem is there is not much to do in Royston,(I went to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford)it really isnt' worth the two hour trip coming home
and back again,dead easy to find ,M6 A14 ,then straight down to Royston.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I had my belts done by Jamie, also had him change my dampers to RH-B Bilsteins, excellent service, recommended. I will be going back to him for my next belts change. Duxford is well worth a visit (opening time is 10:00), be sure to ask for the courtesy car when you book your service.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Had my 'belt changed there before Xmas, wonderful service and dead cheap. I wholeheartedly recommend them. (They even threw in some oil free of charge!)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Had my service done there. He's also helped me out with a couple of time over the phone/by email with diagnosing stuff.

Good guy.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Monty said:
Had my service done there. He's also helped me out with a couple of time over the phone/by email with diagnosing stuff.

Good guy.
I'll echo that, been e-mailing him all day regarding my non-functioning left front headlight. I'm going to take a trip down on Saturday morning so hopefully he can sort it!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Do a forum search on his name, and that should give you all the reassurance you could need.

I'm lucky enough to have him as my local, but people seem come from all over the country to get their Alfas to him, so don't expect a long distance travel award!

He does a What to do around Royston page, but add Cambridge, which is a good day out and only just up the A10 (do a Park & Ride).

The only down side I can think of (and I'm really scrapping the bottom of the barrel here, as I don't think that I've a right to one at his prices) is that his courtesy cars have been a bit ropey in the past, but I've had rather nice 156's the last couple of times so perhaps that's ancient history, but heck, at least they're always Alfas.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Yep, reckon Jamie is one of the best! Hope he will not be annoyed by this, but he is held in the same high regard as was the late lamented superb Auto Engineer of BWE Engineering. Both in my book anyway come across Trumps!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers guys. Unless Intaservices in Leicester can match his price, I'll be heading to Royston when the next service is due :D

W

·
0 Posts
Careful SR, you'll run out of "Thankyou" points ;)

Can only echo the above, I've only read of one unhappy customer in the years here. Highly regarded by AROC members....

wrinx

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wrinx said:
Careful SR, you'll run out of "Thankyou" points ;)

Can only echo the above, I've only read of one unhappy customer in the years here. Highly regarded by AROC members....

wrinx
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't thank one and then not the rest (I even gave you one Wrinx, if you pardon the expression):eek: :lol:

Equally high praise on the AROC forum:cool:

Cheers,

Simon

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thank you for your support, just to let you know I do keep an eye on the forums to make sure that we do not have any problems that we have not correctly addressed and as such your ultimate garantee of good service is that I really do value all of your good feed back on these sites. Regards JP

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Only slightly negative point I can think of, and I'm also scraping the bottem of the barrel, is that he tends to have a bit of a waiting list due to his popularity (and maybe too much time spent lurking here :) )

Book early to avoid disappointment.

And padders.. I pity you with your next courtesy car now we know JP reads the threads.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Padders said:
The only down side I can think of (and I'm really scrapping the bottom of the barrel here, as I don't think that I've a right to one at his prices) is that his courtesy cars have been a bit ropey in the past, but I've had rather nice 156's the last couple of times so perhaps that's ancient history, but heck, at least they're always Alfas.
Definetely scrapping the barrel!!!!!

I had great fun driving the Black 164 they lent me, after driving my Juliette it felt like trying to pilot the QE2!!! :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discount for AO members what do you want, blood. Our prices are the best by far in the south east, probably the country. We keep a carefull eye on our competitors pricing and we always significantly undercut them, the nearest advertised price to ours at the moment is DTR but they dont apear to be including the Ballancer shaft belt and tensioner (£65) which is included in our price. We really do try to give you all the best price and if I thought we could do it cheaper everyone would get that price, we are all Alfisti.
Regards
JP
PS we are also slowly biulding the "how to" section of our site so you will be able to save even more by doing some things yourselves

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
jamiealfa said:
Discount for AO members what do you want, blood.
No, not sure I want someone bleeding all over my v6... I'd settle for selenia oil ;)

Keep up the good work, I think the post on this forum show you have a pretty loyal client base.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Jamie, the Best Expertise around,coupled with the best value for money, deserves just reward! You earn your rewards.(Can I have a ride in you Z.F. sometime?) Only Jesting! Kind Regards, Z.F.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts