Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else see James Martin's :inlove: write - up on the Guiletta in the Mail's 'live' magazine?

It was favourable I'm pleased to say - drove the Cloverleaf 1.75L - 235bhp!! Say's it's easy to drive, handling on twisty roads 'laugh out loud brilliant' etc.

He does waffle on a bit about depreciation, though :eek:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
James Martin's Giulietta Cloverleaf article

A reasonable review from a petrol head chef who is neither a journo or pro road-tester but is a fairly wealthy enthusiast and overall he seemed to love it. "Laugh out loud brilliant".:thumbs:

·
Registered
213 Posts
50 mpg from a Cloverleaf. I don't think so. :cool: Positive review (which makes a welcome change!) It's wise to remember though that this guy is a bit of kn*b.:lol:

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
50 mpg from a Cloverleaf. I don't think so. :cool: Positive review (which makes a welcome change!) It's wise to remember though that this guy is a bit of kn*b.:lol:
I adore him, a v. good looking chef who loves cars? Perfect man! ;)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Dont know about 50mpg. So far I have not gone on motorway yet with my QV but country roads only and average is about 22mpg so far.

It is a lovely machine and is very very fast and handling on B roads is outstanding. Goto go and use it on motorway some time next week, the reason being is that I dont use my QV for work but for fun on week ends.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Up to 27mpg on my CL, over 450 miles. Mainly short hops and 15 mile stop start run to work. Was averaging close to 37 with my 155TB Mito. But early days yet, as engine not run in and no long distance jaunts to use the legs in 6th gear.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I adore him, a v. good looking chef who loves cars? Perfect man! ;)
Pie-faced and slightly over weight northerners with a tendancy to to let their frivolity get the better of them are indeed attractive to some women...granted. Whatever rocks your saucepans and bank balance :)

PS. The CL does sound as though it's pretty bad on fuel consumption by the looks of some of these figures!?

·
Registered
94 Posts
a bit of a knob ??????????????????

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm glad the fat cook likes it.

However, the real economy, from the figures quoted, looks terrible. I hope mileage improves the figures, a lot.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Up to 27mpg on my CL, over 450 miles. Mainly short hops and 15 mile stop start run to work. Was averaging close to 37 with my 155TB Mito. But early days yet, as engine not run in and no long distance jaunts to use the legs in 6th gear.
I was averaging 34ish on the 155TB MiTo, getting near 30 on the CL is not disappointing IMO..

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I read it in the bath about 3 hours ago. I didn't know about those preloaded brakes like a Ferrari.

I don't know where he was going with Alfa being someone you can trust to do a good hatchback. He's not to know the Sud only got a hatch in later life and was originally a saloon. When someone says hatchback to me, the first thing that comes into my head isn't Alfa.

The model tested may be pokey and go like stink, but it doesn't mention things like engine note and steering feel.

I think the structured tests like the new car ones in Autocar and the old CAR giant test allowed readers to zoom in on specific areas, and the article would have to cover those areas. The whole first column was back story colour and it left me wondering if CAR is now much better than this piece.

Than you for the heads up otherwise I'd not have seen the last page piece with Vinca Cable. He says as he's lived through property price bubbles before he could see it happening. Why didn't those people speak up rather than letting it happen again? :(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts