·
Registered
Not a Mercedes Benz 190E
18,539 Posts
is cab-back the new cab-forward? :)

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Basically, a snobby way of saying "is the car rear or front wheel drive?" RWD cars hang the engine behind the front axle and line it up longitudinally (driveshaft running front-back) which requires a lot more space in the front compartment.

People, particularly car enthusiasts, forget that there were a lot of **** rear-wheel-drive cars around before FWD, and a rear-wheel-drive car in the hands of an average driver is less predictable in extreme conditions than front-drive.

E

·
0 Posts
I have to admit I am tempted by the XE-S, and will definitely at least be test driving one. I was considering a second-hand XF-R but realistically cannot justify the expense of a supercharged V8.

The Giulia too would be tempting but I just don't hold out much hope to be honest.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Is it bad that I went on the XE configurator with 2 full years left on the current Ewok lease.....? :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Is it bad that I went on the XE configurator with 2 full years left on the current Ewok lease.....? :eek::eek::eek:
Could you not just drive along a really bad road and have a little accident? Write-off the car meaning you need to order a new one?

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Ive just specced one up, and I must say the diesels are very underwhelming. The most powerful one you can get is 180bhp...

Came in at around 35k for a sporty one with a few extras, nothing over the top though

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
If I was younger I'd have another Cat.

As I'm now an antique and just hanging out to dry, I'll have to give it a miss.:(:

Still, as I owned four models in the past, I'll not gripe on, but I do hope some of you guys get one and give an opinion on AO.

The first Jag (Erm' just titled SS iirc) I remember was back in !946 when I were a nipper, that was an SS1, and it was spread about that as it was shortly after WW11, the SS was dropped for obvious reasons and Jaguar was born?

I still remember it quite distinctly as it was maroon and black and smelt of fresh cellulose as it had just had paintwork done at a local garage.

Go for it chaps get a fresh take on your motoring requirements? :thumbs:

41 - 50 of 50 Posts