Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa Mito, 2010, 1.4NA, 6-speed
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know what happened to my old 75? Found a picture on the laptop and started to reminisce ... but when I checked the DVLA site, it fails to find anything.

Last I heard it was owned by a guy called John and he had it resprayed ..

This was her in her glory days at my brother's wedding .. :thumbup: ... she was a Limited Limited Edition as I had Veloce bumpers fitted .. one of a kind I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Very nice. It may have had a plate transfer if the details can't be found. There are so few 75s left on the road today - even fewer nice ones. That is why I'm hanging onto mine!

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy who bought mine had about 6 more .. one converted to LPG.

Soon after he bought mine, with over 100k miles on the clock, he drove it to Milan and back!!

And I was getting worried about a 100-mile round trip to work every day .. which is why we let her go!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I loved mine, sadly it was that rotten it had to the way most did, wish I had the time and skills back then that I have now thanks to classics, would have still had it on the road, guy I bought mine off down in Yorkshire had 2 suspect the other one went the same as it was in worse shape than the one I bought from him, loved that car, didn't love changing the rear brakes lol or stirring soup to find a gear or the jack doing up into the bodywork when I was trying to change a flat on the A19 :thumbup:

But I'd have that car back in a heartbeat!

It has been said but normally that kind of report back from DVLA that it's giving means its either had a plate change or it's died, and sadly askMID is not showing it as insured so i'ts probably the latter, just remember how it was it better times :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Especially now my 156 may have suffered the same fate and has tin-worm in the floor and inner wings near the brake pipe unions .. only the third MOT failure for it since 1998 (well 2001 when the first one was).

First one was a worn tyre (usual inner edges stripped due to worn bushes) and the 2nd was when they couldn't do an emission check as the throttle was bouncing around, which turned out to be the oil separator valve between the crank case in inlet manifold and a subsequent idle reset.

Now I have to decide whether to fix or say goodbye .. if it was only the floor I might fix it but the inner wings won't be simple and there is a growing list of other problems .. some minor, some not so .. would be a shame to scrap her as the engine is brilliant!

·
Registered
97 Posts
@gazza82 ; Just to continue the story and give you some extra details. It was a few years ago that it was resprayed - this was while I was at university, it still looks great but is now back in the body shop having a little bit of welding, touching up and getting fiberglass evo front wings fitted. The arch extensions I had fitted started to crack so decided to change the whole wing.

Once I get it back from the bodyshop I have some coilovers and modified upper arms from Chris Snowden that need fitting.

Finally once this is done I will bring it over to Germany for next summer.

It stays garaged all year so hopefully there will be alot more life in her. I will send you some pictures once the work has been done.

·
Registered
23 Posts
@gazza82 ; Just to continue the story and give you some extra details. It was a few years ago that it was resprayed - this was while I was at university, it still looks great but is now back in the body shop having a little bit of welding, touching up and getting fiberglass evo front wings fitted. The arch extensions I had fitted started to crack so decided to change the whole wing.

Once I get it back from the bodyshop I have some coilovers and modified upper arms from Chris Snowden that need fitting.

Finally once this is done I will bring it over to Germany for next summer.

It stays garaged all year so hopefully there will be alot more life in her. I will send you some pictures once the work has been done.
What a nice end to that story!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Right so never finished this this thread, The car came back from the body shop and I now take her out on a regular basis. Here are some pics. At the bodyshop

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
And last night the alternator failed on the 156, she was about to be tucked up for the winter (the 75) but until I fix the 156 ill be in the 75 every day :D Just an excuse to take her out some more before winter comes.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This was when it was used for my brother's wedding .. in '92 or '93 ...

The car lasted longer! :rofl:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts