Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Fiat garage have a GT V6 in what they describe as ''Beige''.
It is in fact ''Ivory Mist'' of course.

Question is, could you live with a car that colour, in particular a V6 or is it just plain wrong in an British Leyland Allegro-style? :D

Apols in advance to anyone with this particular shade of car (I do actually quite like it):)

Pic attached is of a diesel model but you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
It doesn't look that bad in the flesh, almost Gold/Silver type colour. I like it ;)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Not too far apart from my Thema is it? Platino. Know what you mean I think, the Reg Doc said Gold, the MoT's read,Silver, Gold, Beige,silver Etc.Etc. paint mixes were dependant on the amount of red in them I reckon, starting with a base metallic silver.

N

·
0 Posts
Sorry, but I can't stand "champagne"
coloured cars.

Dead right about it being a BL throwback.

See also: That BL blue colour or that *** brown
they used to use.

:vomit:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Not too far apart from my Thema is it? Platino. Know what you mean I think, the Reg Doc said Gold, the MoT's read,Silver, Gold, Beige,silver Etc.Etc. paint mixes were dependant on the amount of red in them I reckon, starting with a base metallic silver.
I call mine golden sand, in fond memory of a Jaguar I had 43 years ago. Also had a Thema similar.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
I like it, especially when I think of Fords Peppermint, and all those shades of White Vauxhalls used, including one called Dirty White,remember it anyone? Platino with Olive Alcantara, smooth!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
That is a lovely colour :cool:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Slightly off topic, there's a pearl colour I've seen on some 147s that's a different colour depending on what angle you look at it from. Parked next to one once and had a joke with the owner about whose 147 was better looking......what colour's that?

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Slightly off topic, there's a pearl colour I've seen on some 147s that's a different colour depending on what angle you look at it from. Parked next to one once and had a joke with the owner about whose 147 was better looking......what colour's that?
The only one I can think of is Nuvola Blue...was it a silvery blue?
if so then it was quite expensive when new. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts