Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has just dawned that in the six months I have owned my 156 GTA Sportswagon that I have not seen another one anywhere. I have seen about three, maybe four saloons, in particular one that was advertised recently on ebay (and has my initals on the numberplate JSL ...), lives in Woolwich, South East London. Are there any more Sportswagons in the South East?

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
There's only 106 in the UK. So pretty rare! :eek:
156gtasw has one and he's in Dartford area.

I've only ever seen one on the road. (Outside meets)

OA

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
106, did'nt know it was THAT rare, even better, 1,000,000 3series bm's go past my house every day. Yawn.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, one of my anti roll bar bushes is well gone, knock, knock constantly, aprticularly when cold. Any one know hoe much this is to fix?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way, I couldnt give two hoots if BMW 3 series have completely bullet proof anti roll bar bushes, they are excellent cars we are told, but boring as hell.

·
Administrator
46,141 Posts
I've had my 156 GTA SW for over 18 months, and been interested in Alfas for another 5 years before that - I've never seen one on the road aside from my own.

·
Registered
549 Posts
After almost one year of ownership I've only seen one other SW GTA, and that was only a few days after I got mine. They're rare around here to say the least. How many did they make - was it around 1700?

DJ
--

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I've seen one in Bournemouth, one in Weymouth and one in Dorchester. As they were seen over a period of a few years and were all Blue, I assume they were the same one.

·
Registered
678 Posts
:lol: Imagining song in my head on never seeing another 156 GTA SW sung to the tune of Spitting Image's "I've Never Met a Nice South African"

K

·
0 Posts
Used to pass a sportswagon GTA twice every day on the way to and from work, but not seen it for about six weeks now:( and only ever seen one other saloon on the road!

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
By the way, one of my anti roll bar bushes is well gone, knock, knock constantly, aprticularly when cold. Any one know hoe much this is to fix?
The first GTA I drove was a SW. The dealer I use had it as a demonstrator at the time. Have only seen it once since.

Only other SW I've seen was at the Castle Comb meet at the start of September.

BTW the knocking noise is more likely to be drop links. Not too expensive.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
My next car WILL be a 156 GTA SW in red, hopefully with tan and black interior..........you just don't see any up here in the sunny North East!

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I used to work in Newbury and lived in Thatcham. Sunday afternoon walks would sometimes be up to B&W to perv. their stock.

I was there once in passing as having moved away friends still lived in Thatcham and there was some chap picking up his blue Sportswagon. I think it was on teledials, and I the staff member handing over the car joked to it's new owner that he already had a fan.

It was on the B&W forecourt that I decided the optimum spec for a Fiat Coupe was silver with black leather. Such a car just reminded me of the Monopoly piece car.

·
Registered
38,284 Posts
It was on the B&W forecourt that I decided the optimum spec for a Fiat Coupe was silver with black leather. Such a car just reminded me of the Monopoly piece car.

Great choice. :D

I have been to B&W a few times, they are a bit on the expensive side, but the quality of stock is excellent.

The last time I went they had a Red SZ and a silver Maserati 3200GT in the showroom.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
My next car WILL be a 156 GTA SW in red, hopefully with tan and black interior..........you just don't see any up here in the sunny North East!
mine visits the north east regularly, you're just not looking hard enough!:lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts