G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Naughty me

but to be honest it pretty much ticks all the boxes

Very practical
Frugal but still fast
Not bad looking (from the front at least which I think is quite striking/sporty looking)
Cheaper tax
Well priced (from a dealer so warranty et al)

the car in question is an A4 2.0 T S-Line

The only downside is the very boring (non leather) interior but I may be able to live with that as it does 30mpg and without a remap hits 60 in 7.3 seconds so pretty much the same as my 159 without the needle dropping in front of my very eyes when I boot it :lol:. There's nothing really out there Alfa wise for the same sort of money petrol wise that can do it for me. My alternative is going diesel which to stay Alfa may be the right choice. I do like the A4 though and they have just reduced it from over £12,000

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Get the V6. My mate has an Audi V6 2.6 and he says it does better MPG than his old 2.0 of the same model. Its is an audi 80 coupe mind but still

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
You're getting slack with this buying and selling malarky Graham!! :lol:

I've sold mine and as good as bought another! :p :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha no messing. I reckon if mine were diesel it would have gone by now. Stupid 3.2 :lol:

Did you sell it to someone off here?

What did you buy (nearly)?

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Serious? I will take a gander
Yep. Its because its such a lazy V6 if you drive it normally. If you boot it though I imagine it would use more. :D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Ha ha no messing. I reckon if mine were diesel it would have gone by now. Stupid 3.2 :lol:

Did you sell it to someone off here?

What did you buy (nearly)?
No no-one off here... They messed me around :rolleyes:

I decided to stay Alfa in the end, although it was a close call!

I very nearly strayed and even considered Saab :p at one point. I couldn't face looking at Audi, BMW or Merc... I'd rather cut my own leg off, and hit myself with it than drive some Germanic barge! :cheese:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd rather cut my own leg off, and hit myself with it than drive some Germanic barge! :cheese:
I know, I know but I've got to think of the mpg and the power. There's not much out there that will do it for me. The dealer has called to say he will save the car for two months for me whilst I sell mine. That is really good of them. I've mentioned on another thread that I rarely get such suggestions from Alfa dealers

There is an Alfa that has come up for sale though that I really want. It is been one I have hankered after for a couple of years. They are yet to call me back with a part exchange offer though (4 hours later....whereas Audi have phoned me three times and even had their receptionist call me to see if everything was to my satisfaction when I visited. They are obviously desperate for a sale but fair do's to them for being pro-active)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
what alfa was it??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what alfa was it??
The one I really want or the one Mike is buying?

If it's the one I want I'm not telling as I am terrified someone will nick it if I post it up on here :lol:

that's how much I want it!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still Graham, if it floats your boat fair do's.
It doesn't float my boat nowhere near as much as my previous Alfas have (especially the GT's and 147 GTA) but the deal is a cracker and it is very, very practical and much quicker then I am going to be able to get if I stick with Alfa. This one is definitely looks versus power. Which will win I have no idea...it mainly depends on timing

·
Registered
222 Posts
Changing again so soon Graham :eek:

I know what you mean about the MPG on the V6 though. Not sure how the 159 compares to your old GT, but there are plenty of motors out there that will get you to 62 as quick with less fuel.

But an Audi? Actually they are not bad, I just found mine a bit.......... soulless. I hope the Alfa you want works out for you.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aye I have to change this time due to the baby starting nursery so need to make some savings and getting rid of a 3.2 V6 will seriously save me about a £100 a month...very sad as the 159 is the best all round Alfa I have had but it does drink fuel. Not masses more than the GT did

I remember you saying at the time about your Audi. Was yours a petrol 2.0T? The only way of sticking with Alfa is going down the diesel route but in this case if it's a GT then the looks more than make up for the rattly engine sound :)

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Aye I have to change this time due to the baby starting nursery so need to make some savings and getting rid of a 3.2 V6 will seriously save me about a £100 a month...very sad as the 159 is the best all round Alfa I have had but it does drink fuel. Not masses more than the GT did

I remember you saying at the time about your Audi. Was yours a petrol 2.0T? The only way of sticking with Alfa is going down the diesel route but in this case if it's a GT then the looks more than make up for the rattly engine sound :)
Have you tried a 2.4JTDm? It's rattly at tickover but lovely at speed. If you get it chipped it will outrun the Audi and give you better fuel consumption.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep I've had one remapped in the 159 guise. I did like it but to be honest I remember it costing me a fair but in fuel. probably the way I booted it everywhere to be honest :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A4: :vomit:

Terribly uncomfortable car to be in as a driver or passenger.

I'd honestly rather take the TGV than travel in one long distance. ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts