Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just coming back down to earth after a friend took me for a spin around the dales in his 458 Italia....i cannot even begin to put into words the performance of that car.

He's a good driver so was really pushing on but the car just takes everything and more, the power delivery is completely off the scale.

I was lucky enough to have an new M3 earlier in the year for a day which felt quick but it was a diesel taxi compared to this thing of beauty.

That car, a warm dry summers evening and the yorshire dales roads...in car terms that's about as good as it can get.

Still in dreamland :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Will pop a couple of pics in the pic section later

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
lucky bugger! :thumbs:

There is a few Ferrari's near me, one of which is a white 458 Italia, looks good, but he didn't give it the beans :(, still sounded nice mind!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lucky bugger! :thumbs:

There is a few Ferrari's near me, one of which is a white 458 Italia, looks good, but he didn't give it the beans :(, still sounded nice mind!
The engine note and burble are just amazing, the noise is so addictive.

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
The 458 is my DREAM car! It is such a fantastic car! Ive seen 3 or 4 in central London a couple of months ago when i was there. Too bad i will never be able to buy one :cry:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Did you get to drive? Get yourself out to Maranello if not as €180 buys you a half hour test drive in the hills, a picture & DVD to remind you of it.

I chose a California BTW. My fav current Ferrari:D

·
Registered
739 Posts
Even though the California is supposedly "soft", "not a driver's car" etc., it's now the only Ferrari you can get with a manual transmission. The others are all computer + paddles.

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
I keep thinking that in 10 years time maybe there will no longer be cars with proper manual... If we continue like this im sure its gona happen... :(

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
If I was to buy a Ferrari it would be a California. I'd have a 430 over a 458, the latter being too digital IMHO.

Saying that, a Maserati QP Sport GTS would trump both in my eyes:D

·
Registered
57,683 Posts
The California is a more 'practical' car but if you want performance then the 458 is the car to buy :cool:

Maseratis are nice too. Wouldnt say no if somebody gave one to me as a present :D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Ferrari's are for people who want to go somewhere.

Maserati's are for people who've arrived:)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ferrari 459 Italia= A textbook example of how to design and execute a car of beauty and desire. Almost minimalist in nature. I believe only the Italians have the innate ability to carry off design of this execution...and this extends to pretty much everything they do. Few could argue of the passion they breath into their products.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The California is a more 'practical' car but if you want performance then the 458 is the car to buy :cool:

Maseratis are nice too. Wouldnt say no if somebody gave one to me as a present :D
After last night i'm hankering for a Maserati - it's almost attainable unlike the Ferrari.

I doubt anything could match the performance on that 458 :wow::wow:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts