44,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hold your horses, wait for the poll ;)

·
Super Moderator
44,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, you're all a bunch of clever buggers, aren't you :p

Johne: The problem I was having was that pushed all the way back so it didn't foul the accelerator, it would catch on the clutch. I have finally found that you have to rotate the mat slightly to the left also, and it's lovely and clear. This also has the advantage that the footrest seems to hold it in place, so it's not sliding around all over the place as I move my feet around.

The only possible disadvantage is that SWMBO can now tell when I'm blatting it, coz you can hear the acelerator click against it's stop. But let's face it, being unable to pull her head forward away from the headrest probably already gave her a good clue ;)

·
Super Moderator
44,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hoped the carrier bag might get a couple of you at least...

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I voted for the bag. Probably should have read the thread before voting. Damn my impatience. And curses towards Bazza and his wily ways.
So are you still enjoying the coop Baz??

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Had fun with mats myself. Was driving an automatic car when unknown to me the mat slipped under the brake pedal and over the accelerator. Needless to say when I went to brake the car took off. Especially scary as I was taking the car into the back yard of the garage I was working in. That could have been expensive, ended up just shutting off the car to stop it. Was feeling a bit shaky afterwards.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
That happened to me, a long time a go when I still had the Y. But with the clutch and not the throttle. Once I pushed the clutch the pedal didn't went back to the original postion and I thought... oh oh... :rolleyes: I had a look and the pedal was stucked under the mat. :D

This doesn't happen with the Alfa since the mats have that little things to stick them in one place. James... get some velcro and have the mats sticked to the best position. :)

·
Super Moderator
44,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
John Burns said:
And curses towards Bazza and his wily ways.
Why does that make me feel like I'm ina Hanna-Barbera cartoon? Can I do a Muttley laugh now? *snh snh snh snh*
So are you still enjoying the coop Baz??
Not so much still, am enjoying more and more.

There's a NSL road going out of Congleton which has two tight turns, right then left with a short straight in between. In the 145 you had a choice. Take the turns in 3rd, feathering the throttle, then flooring as you reached the apex. This worked, but the acceleration wasn't exactly explosive, ofr you could change down to 2nd, but you'd be right at the top of the rev range already, so a bit of a pain.
In the Coop, you just stay in third, floor it as you reach the apex and it's at the exact revs for the turbo to kick in, zoooooooooom you're out of there :D
By the time you reach the left hander, you're being rather illegal :D :D

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
bazza said:
I hoped the carrier bag might get a couple of you at least...
Bazza,

It got me :rolleyes:

Me and carmechanics :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
What have you been doing, Mr Bonkers?!? :eek: Will it be safe to stay at your place, next month? :D ;)

·
Super Moderator
44,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THROTTLEMAN said:
What have you been doing, Mr Bonkers?!? :eek: Will it be safe to stay at your place, next month? :D ;)
It will as long as you're not a mechanic.
It's the oily overalls that do it for him ;)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Pffiiuu... I'm safe as long I dont talk about mechanics. :D

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
bazza said:
It will as long as you're not a mechanic.
It's the oily overalls that do it for him ;)
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Just bring along clean clothes then. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts