Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many years ago my dad asked me to bring him a red sports car back from a school trip. He said to choose my favourite.

Whilst clearing out the loft recently I found it.

Not the Ferrari as I remembered but an Alfa!:):)

As you see it's seen better days but it shows that I have been an AlfaOwner for a very long time!:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
I had one of those! Used to "race" it at school at break times - ALWAYS won of course. :)

Note: For younger forum members, the practice of "racing" toy cars in the playground was a popular pastime when I was a lad, yes we did have cars that far back! The pain of loosing a race was only matched by scraping skin off your knuckles on the tarmac.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had one of those! Used to "race" it at school at break times - ALWAYS won of course. :)

Note: For younger forum members, the practice of "racing" toy cars in the playground was a popular pastime when I was a lad, yes we did have cars that far back! The pain of loosing a race was only matched by scraping skin off your knuckles on the tarmac.
I remember it well ...... all the boys in short trousers!:lol:

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Eeh I were so poor the only money I got was from taking empties back for the deposit money!

(Actually did that once at the Farnborough air show - made quite a bit too)!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Eeh I were so poor the only money I got was from taking empties back for the deposit money!

(Actually did that once at the Farnborough air show - made quite a bit too)!
Me too! I used to collect them from the neighbours and take my cut before giving them their money! Bought me a bag of chips sometimes ..... if I was lucky!:lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts