Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Finally collected my 159 yesterday - wow, what a fantastic car!

Couldn't be happier with it, beautiful looking machine, and quick too - 2.4Jtdm - I'd say its not too far off my old V6 GTV - and thats saying something for a diesel - which, I might add, certainly doesn't sound like one - especially with the right foot planted!!

Washed it yesterday - now considering polishing it - I'm already obsessed - oh dear!!

:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Yeah congratulations fella! :thumbs:

You can't beat that new car feeling... Lets have a butchers then! Show us your new ride :p

·
Registered
355 Posts
youll also find youll develop a sore neck from continually looking round at it after youve parked,to begin with its an obvious glance after a while youll develop a more subtle look just incase anyones watching:thumbs:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
youll also find youll develop a sore neck from continually looking round at it after youve parked,to begin with its an obvious glance after a while youll develop a more subtle look just incase anyones watching:thumbs:

Ha ha,

Have you seen me??!! Thats exactly what I've been doing! I'm not the only one either, get lots of admiring looks from passers by - and the occasional nod!! Feels good to be in an Alfa again!! You don't get that in a Passat!!

Pictures coming soon, I'm firing the camera up as we speak!! Problem is though, my camera is a pretty good one and it's pictures are high res upto around 6mb - I can't upload the big un's so any tips as to what to do to compress them to a suitable size?

Cheers guys. :thumbs::D

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ha ha,

Problem is though, my camera is a pretty good one and it's pictures are high res upto around 6mb - I can't upload the big un's so any tips as to what to do to compress them to a suitable size?

Cheers guys. :thumbs::D
You need to change the image settings on your camera to small. Also, make sure the file type is .jpg, not .bmp or raw. If all else fails, then you will need to crop them. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
^^^what Mehdi says^^^:p

Or host them on a site like Photobucket, and that will resize them for you, and obviuosly you can link them from there...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Guys,

Couldn't be happier with it, beautiful looking machine, and quick too - 2.4Jtdm - I'd say its not too far off my old V6 GTV - and thats saying something for a diesel - which, I might add, certainly doesn't sound like one - especially with the right foot planted!!

Washed it yesterday - now considering polishing it - I'm already obsessed - oh dear!!

I think that you must of had something seriously wrong with ur V6 cause in my experience the 2.4 was gutless:cool:

·
Registered
779 Posts
now considering polishing it
Zymol all the way for car care , Autowash to clean , HD Cleanse to remove bonded contamination , Cleaner Wax to surface prepare and Carbon Glaze (assuming a black car , appropriate equivilent if other colour) as your final wax (because Royale Glaze is £6,500 a jar :eek:). Total car care cost about £200 but you only have to use it 1-2 times a year max..

Some may well say AutoGlym or Meguires but those are nothing like as good although are a lot cheaper :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
A good trick is to walk away from it, in the opposite direction; then you can walk back past it and admire it all you like cos no-one will know it's yours :lol: What's this Alfa ownership turning me into :eek: I'm becoming a sad git....

·
Registered
355 Posts
another tip is when your out shopping with your wife is to do the old lace has become undone routine "ill catch you up in a sec" bend down to tie your lace but turn to face your alfa it buys you another couple of minutes of perving:lol::lol:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Enjoy it as you can but please don't forget your wife as I did when I got my 2.4JTDm lol
My wife hates my 2.4JTDm - she reckons I show it more attention than I show her. :D Perhaps I shouldn't have told her to be quiet so I could hear the engine.....

·
Registered
779 Posts
My wife hates my 2.4JTDm - she reckons I show it more attention than I show her. :D Perhaps I shouldn't have told her to be quiet so I could hear the engine.....
*wonders to himself if to make a joke about an Alfa always making nice noises when you are 'going for it' , always goes when you want it to and hence gets a good 'waxing' each weekend*

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hi Guys,

I got the same impression after driving one, never considered a diesel before (and have never owned a V6) but I was surprised how quick it was and as you say, definately doesn't sound like a diesel. Very impressive. Enjoy!

·
Registered
779 Posts
As you can see from my profile , my 'other car' is a 3litre V6 twin turbo that evolves 300bhp. It also has 4WD and 4WS , that combined with it being 18 years old (i.e. old tech) makes it heavier than my 2.4TI.
Comparing them is hard as diesel and petrol dont 'play' the same way but, I am 100% sure that with the extra 45bhp of a remap bringing the bhp/ton of the TI damned near that of the 3000GT will make it as equal performing as a diesel to petrol comparison can be.
Yeah it drinks like a petrol but it sure as hell performs 'like' a petrol just with the power and torque in different places :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts