Alfa Romeo Forum banner

I've broken her already

Tags
broken
1K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  rhett71 
#1 ·
After 8 days and 454 miles she has been towed away by the AA.

The starter motor has failed but both AA men think that is possibly a faulty ignition switch which has mean the starter runiing whilst I was driving.

Hopefully she'll come home tomorrow

G
#7 ·
We had a peugeot that did exactly the same thing, but when the starter ran for a long time it produced so much current that the wiring loom caught fire!!! Sounds like you've been lucky!!! Shame though cos I thought Alfa had finally cracked the reliability curse!!:rolleyes:

#8 ·
Actually I'm really not that surprised about the break down.. Every new car has the risk of having something wrong with it when brand new as the assembly and parts manufacturing can't be perfect every time, but I'm sure it will be a minor repair and hopefully not expensive (unless the ignition switch needs to be replaced), but then again it's covered by the warranty!
Wohoo!

#11 ·
aw bless i hope shes well soon....take no notice of the myth bout alfas reliability....its an alfa and they are gorgeous...nuff sed:lol:

#18 ·
:cheese::lol::cheese:

Lets all get hum-drum vauxhall's shall we - Ahhh, nope, my wife bought a new Corsa and the air con pump failed. It can happen to any car!

#17 ·
They've ordered a new starter which should be here tomorrow and they are going to deiliver the car back to me.

I just hope that they find the electrical problem that has likely caused the starter motor to fail.

What's really funny though is that if I have a problem with my 35 year old Jensen Healey, SWMBO says "Why don't you get rid of this heap and get something decent". Her 8 day old car breaks down and it's my fault:lol:

G
#22 ·
Just remember when our cars are good there's nothing close from any other marque! It really is worth it just for the cornering speed and roadholding and thats in factory standard cars!!! Does anyone else want to overtake on motorway slip roads or is it just me??:) We own the stealth bombers of the motoring world!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.