Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now the proud and very happy owner of a right hand drive 1969 1750 Spider Veloce "Boat tail", although, until the better weather arrives, it will be safely garaged with my MGB Roadster.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It just goes to show that hard work, plenty of late nights at work and an element of fortune would eventually pay off

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Congrats on your purchase :cool: :cool: :cool:

PICS!!! :rant:

;)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Very :cool:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are some pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
She looks in better condition than my 1991 Spider! Very cool, and such a lovely colour too. Well done indeed on your purchase - you've walked straight into a car which shows that many modern designers are guilty of over-complicating shapes. Stunning :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My Spider is very clean, although some of the engine ancillaries aren't looking their best. If anyone is going to Spring AD or NAD, you will be able to take a close look as we will both be there.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Realy good and clean looking, congrat's.
Funny haw things are placed differently in the engine compartment, my 1750 is a '70 Kamm, coolant expantion bottle, sprinkler bag are opposit to yours.
Erik

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Erik Loye said:
Realy good and clean looking, congrat's.
Funny haw things are placed differently in the engine compartment, my 1750 is a '70 Kamm, coolant expantion bottle, sprinkler bag are opposit to yours.
Erik
I presume that your car is left hand drive, it would explain why these items are on the opposite side to mine.

Do you have a picture of your engine compartment?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a friend who used to own a S4 Spider, it lived outside and the window and roof seals would leak whenever it rained! It wasn't a very good example and he eventually sold it. He now owns a GTV 3.0 and a F355 Spider.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Alfa78PP said:
I presume that your car is left hand drive, it would explain why these items are on the opposite side to mine.

Do you have a picture of your engine compartment?
Have just checked all my pics, never seem to have taken any of engine compartment.
Your coolant expansion bottle sits where a ram tube for airfilter is sitting - missing on mine, too.;)
Erik

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Erik, according to the book, all long tail Spiders should have "a 'pancake' air filter with cross-over trunking", which my car clearly does not, although, the pictures do show the expansion bottle and screen wash bag in the same positions as on my car. Also, my battery is wrong, it is too tall.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts