Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just purchased a lovely X-reg 156 Lusso 2.5 V6 and I believe it's some kind of special edition, although I'm not sure what! It's finished in Sport White and has grey leather seats and I believe there were around 180 UK cars produced. Anyone know any more information on what this special edition was for / what it's called etc? I believe Sport White was only available in Europe, so it must be a special one of some kind!:lol: Here's a picture:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Is this the one from Bedford? I was tempted by that but really wanted an auto.
Dunno about the special edition but White is very rare.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it's the Bedford one. Didn't realise the demand for a good 156 - I had to be fast and get myself up there in double quick time! Can't remember what it says on the V5, but I'll have a look when I collect the car. Indeed, it may not be a special edition after all, but it was worth checking. Saying that, I can't ever remember seeing another white 156.

·
0 Posts
Yeah, it's the Bedford one. Didn't realise the demand for a good 156 - I had to be fast and get myself up there in double quick time! Can't remember what it says on the V5, but I'll have a look when I collect the car. Indeed, it may not be a special edition after all, but it was worth checking. Saying that, I can't ever remember seeing another white 156.
white 156's are rare enough but white V6's ive never seen a white V6 before :) I love it!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Very nice. That's only the second white 156 I have ever seen and the other one was a very basic 1.6 with plastic wheel trims etc.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
White is very rare but I doubt it's a special edition with 15" alloys.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I haven’t heard of any special editions, I assumed that white was 'available' for a shorter period then other colours and not selected by many making it less common.

Mine is a White, Sport Pack, Cloth Recaro, 2.5 V6.

I have noticed more White Diesels out there

White/ Grey leather sound like a particularly rare combo, Very Cool :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it! It's awesome too! I'll post some pictures up at the weekend when I get the chance to take 'em. V5 doesn't mention anything special, so I think we've got to the bottom of it: it's not a special edition, just a rare spec! To the person who asked how much I paid, it was £1995. Genuine bargain if you ask me - 44k miles, one previous owner and fantastic condition. Couldn't really get a better car for so little outlay!

Just need to sort a couple of bits with it and it'll be perfect! The wipers are knackered, it needs new front and rear Alfa Romeo badges (gone all faded and nasty) and the "wood" interior trim is hideous, so that'll have to be changed for something less plastic-fantastic.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Got it! It's awesome too! I'll post some pictures up at the weekend when I get the chance to take 'em. V5 doesn't mention anything special, so I think we've got to the bottom of it: it's not a special edition, just a rare spec! To the person who asked how much I paid, it was £1995. Genuine bargain if you ask me - 44k miles, one previous owner and fantastic condition. Couldn't really get a better car for so little outlay!

Just need to sort a couple of bits with it and it'll be perfect! The wipers are knackered, it needs new front and rear Alfa Romeo badges (gone all faded and nasty) and the "wood" interior trim is hideous, so that'll have to be changed for something less plastic-fantastic.
Nice car, I was reading about this one on pistonheads :thumbs:

As for the interior, I changed my wooden centre console to the silvery grey one and kept the wooden ashtray, gearknob and steering wheel. It gives a nice balance imo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts