Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had it just under 2 weeks and its bloody marvellous, even if I've had to learn the 'hit the motor to get the hood to move' trick already. Had a couple of 166's with this engine so know how good that is but being that much smaller its a bit quicker than those.

Hopefully many happy open top days to come and not too many ' how the hell do I fix this?' posts on here.

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,174 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,174 Posts
Oh: pictures, or it didn't happen!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Good choice. Show us the pics then.
I had to hit my motor (sounds like a euphemism) at the weekend for the first time. Wasn't sure where to hit it but something did the trick.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Ours is only a Twinnie but I love it. Hood up/down until typing this has always worked perfectly :irked: :lol:

·
Administrator
23,081 Posts
Ours is only a Twinnie but I love it. Hood up/down until typing this has always worked perfectly :irked: :lol:
TBH I gave up with the hood a couple of years back - I replaced the gear (why you hit the motor) and it worked for a spell. Now sometimes it works on the button and sometimes not - only about 20 seconds to do it manually so I decided not to worry about it.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
I bought one recently despite ''advice'' that V6 Spiders are severely compromised due to the weight blah blah blah. Glad I did not listen; it's no Lotus Elise in the twisty bits but she's no slouch either. And that engine makes it so easy to drive all that lovely creamy torque makes her so effortless to drive in traffic and then there's the open road va va voom! Just love it as a black ribbon of tarmac unfurls itself in front of you as you sweep through corners listening to that gorgeous mellifluous creamy Busso engine. Just superb value for money.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Welcome to the elite section of V6 Spider owners! Approx only 160 imported to the UK and about 125ish on the road! I can't remember the actual numbers :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Welcome to the club. Some good Spider threads on here. I love my car with the roof down and a V6 to listen to it is great. The seats are surprisingly comfortable for long distances.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It didn't take long, roof now refusing to open, appears someone lese got the same problem. I have the car booked in for a thorough check over at Bianco's in Smallfield next saturday so will see what they say. Here's a piccie from the advert, not had chance to do any of my own yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great news...welcome to the 3.0 V6 club! I've had mine for almost 3 years and I still love it. Had the cambelt changed yesterday so all good for a few years.
Hope you enjoy it :beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,674 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
The only thing you will regret is not driving it often. 17 years of ownership and I still just get in her and drive for the sake of it...:grin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts