Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some tweaks to my carputer tonight and managed to short something ... now I have the following symptoms

No Infocentre
No backlight on the climate control (although the climate control does work)
No Speedo
No Rev Counter
No Carputer :cry:

Everything else seems to work, I've checked all the fuses in the drivers footwell and they all seem to be ok ... does anyone know where else it could be?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I think there is a fuse that supplys the whole dashboard... Look in the fuse box near the battery in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep I'll go and have a look ...

odd things that also don't work

Fog Lamps (although all the other lamps seem to work)
The bulb out light doesn't work (I have a side light out at the mo)
The indicators on the rev counter and the lights on light do work :confused:

·
Registered
916 Posts
You've checked the fuses in the three groups ABOVE the fusebox?
Some models have some fuses/relays behind a little flap in the glovebox, but I'm sruggling to remember exactly what they're for (one of the relays is for the headlamp washers).

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
it should be either the 2nd fuse from the left or 3rd from the left on the bottom row of the ones under the dash, there the main services fuses 10amps;)

according to the manual, them two fuses control the interior and glove box lights, wing mirrors, intrument clusters, sound system, alarm, cruise and reversing lights:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think there is a fuse that supplys the whole dashboard... Look in the fuse box near the battery in the engine compartment.
They are all fine

You've checked the fuses in the three groups ABOVE the fusebox?
Some models have some fuses/relays behind a little flap in the glovebox, but I'm sruggling to remember exactly what they're for (one of the relays is for the headlamp washers).
as best as I could, although only by visually looking at them ... because for the life of me I can't workout how to pull it out as it's partially hidden behind the facia

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
although saying that eLearn keeps popping up with B98b F4 which is part of the supplementary fuse box ...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whoop Whoop got it!!! it was fuse 4 on the very top supplementary fuse box ... now I've just got to find an "unused" fuse elsewhere to put in it's place, because it doesn't matter how many fuses you buy they always disappear once you've taken 1 out of the bag :lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Done!! the BOSE amp fuse has taken the hit :lol:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
are you on about the protection fuses above the main fuses? if so ......

.......there are 3 rows of fuses 1 row of 6 then 1 row of 4 then another row of 6. the bose is 1st from right on the second row, thats fuse 9;)

the fuse your talking about is the left rear window:confused:

....if not, ignore:lol:

glad you got it sorted:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are you on about the protection fuses above the main fuses? if so ......

.......there are 3 rows of fuses 1 row of 6 then 1 row of 4 then another row of 6. the bose is 1st from right on the second row, thats fuse 9;)

the fuse your talking about is the left rear window:confused:

....if not, ignore:lol:

glad you got it sorted:thumbs:
Yep it's those ones hidden up behind the facia, it was fuse 4 on the very top row :rolleyes: ... had to use my golum hands to fish it out :lol: ... I swapped it for Fuse 9 on the standard fuse set :thumbs:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Yep it's those ones hidden up behind the facia, it was fuse 4 on the very top row :rolleyes: ... had to use my golum hands to fish it out :lol: ... I swapped it for Fuse 9 on the standard fuse set :thumbs:
according to the manual, fuse 4 is the rear left window:lol: my manual has got some backwards things in it though:lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
according to the manual, fuse 4 is the rear left window:lol: my manual has got some backwards things in it though:lol:
no no no no no :lol: ... these fuses aren't even mentioned in the manual, the blown fuse was behind the ODB port

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
no no no no no :lol: ... these fuses aren't even mentioned in the manual, they're the 3 rows of fuses you had talked about earlier in the thread (on the sauce tonight red???? :lol:)
yeah, figure 71 in the manual:confused: above figure 69 which is the main fuses, dont confuse me:lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, figure 71 in the manual:confused: above figure 69 which is the main fuses, dont confuse me:lol:

ahhhh got you now :lol: ... well that fuse box did change circa '99 ... the manual says that it's a 20Amp fuse, but eLearn and the actual fuse were 10Amp :confused: ...

... oh and looks like I removed the cigarette lighter fuse not the bose amp ... not having a good night tonight :lol:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
ahhhh got you now :lol: ... well that fuse box did change circa '99 ... the manual says that it's a 20Amp fuse, but eLearn and the actual fuse were 10Amp :confused: ...

... oh and looks like I removed the cigarette lighter fuse not the bose amp ... not having a good night tonight :lol:
so changed the fuses and didnt update the manual clever:lol:

i wonder if its wrote in such a way that it makes sence if your looking at the fuses upside down:lol:

so you removed fuse 9 from the lower fuses (according to the manual) is a 15amp fuse and controls the odour sensor:lol: right or wrong, place your bets:cheese:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts