Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of months back I set about doing a few alterations around the outside of my house, progress can be found HERE , hopefully i'll be putting something nice in the Garage once complete :D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Wow would love a go in the digger!:lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Just had a look through all those pics, you have bin a busy boy haven't you! What car will be going in the garage the Alfa or BMW? Why didnt you build a double, looks like you could get one in? Cost or planning dept? You got your work cut out there! Whats with the march going past is it the god squad?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The March was something to do with independance hmmmm

I didn't build a double more for personal preference, what I'm gonna have is a timber built 'L' shaped garage, the main part will be 3.5m x 5.5m with a 2m x 2.5m workshop area to the back left.

I can catagorically state it will not be housing a BMW :D not sure as yet so many options to be honest, it's whether i buy newer and stay away from tinkering or maybe a restore/project ......... 1750 gtv would be nice or it may be i get silly next year and go for a Gran Turismo.

I'll update with more pics as hopefully the building takes shape in the coming weeks :)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Thanks for pics mate........mind you I was a bit surprised that the locals actually had a parade to celebrate you finally starting the works.;)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow would love a go in the digger!:lol:
My youngest (14) spent most of one day doing a grand job digging out... the digging is all finished now, thankfully all I managed to dig up was a flowerpot Oh and just over 60 tons (7 skips) of soil, concrete and other garb.

Honestly you need to hire one of these mini jcb's at some point in your life, even if it's to dig a hole then fill it in then maybe dig another hole :D they rock just like a boys toy is supposed to :D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Oh and just over 60 tons (7 skips) of soil, concrete and other garb.

Honestly you need to hire one of these mini jcb's at some point in your life, even if it's to dig a hole then fill it in then maybe dig another hole :D they rock just like a boys toy is supposed to :D
Thats a hell of alot:eek: What do they cost a day?

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
you were helluva lucky boy.....in 2 ways...when we did our monobloc we werent allowed to hire one as no one would hire it out to you....and secondly and more importantly....the live main supply to the house was only a few inches below the surface before we started and luckily we were diging it out with a spade and cleared the way around it ...if we had been using the digger it would have knocked the supply out to quite a few houses.

nice job thou.

pomeo

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats a hell of alot:eek: What do they cost a day?
When I went to SpeedyHire they quoted £180 for the weekend or £220 for the week, I'm glad I took it for a week, I had to take it for another week after the slab was done.

you were helluva lucky boy.....in 2 ways...when we did our monobloc we werent allowed to hire one as no one would hire it out to you....and secondly and more importantly....the live main supply to the house was only a few inches below the surface before we started and luckily we were diging it out with a spade and cleared the way around it ...if we had been using the digger it would have knocked the supply out to quite a few houses.

nice job thou.

pomeo
SpeedyHire let me have one with no questions, 5 mins getting used to it and off I went, luckily i kind of knew where the mains elec, water and gas ran in so I was not to concerned with hitting anything, I nearly filled my pants however as I noticed I had snagged a blue water pipe :wow: fortunatly it was an offcut that had been buried.

I have to say it was pretty liberating moving all that muck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts