Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well peed.com, alfa 156ts wont start today, i ve jsut got it back from garage
god knows wont i spent the £350 on thinking the guy just give me passed mot he with advisarys on them

he didnt give me any paper work of the actually work !!!!!

i mean the could be the car itself like but i still think poor jib they even left the fuse lid box off and its look like its been snapped

any help or suggestions wouldd bee great i would get rac see but am not covered at hom :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

plus am skint am trying not to get anrgy cos trust me whooooooooo

·
Premium Member
77,372 Posts
So....what's it doing? Any lights on dash? Is it turning over? Did it drive home from the garage ok? Has it been outside all night? Is the battery old?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So....what's it doing? Any lights on dash? Is it turning over? Did it drive home from the garage ok? Has it been outside all night? Is the battery old?
Hello thanks,

Yes it's turning and radio working
It's a brand new batteray
Yeah it was driving last night a bit sluggish but after a little run it was fine

It does say on mot sheet oil leak but he never mention this to me :)

Thanks for helping really grateful

·
Registered
149 Posts
Check the relays by the battery, make sure they r pushed in correctly as they may have been knocked if he was doing something

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello,

just airbag light is on
oil can thing light stays on
bateray light stays on

i can try jump starting it ???

thanks for all your help am really grateful

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its ok i have found alftune and they will look at it on thursday when ive got it towed the
its was glad to speak to someone who knows about this car

shame he's book up for two weeks ive got loads of other stuff need doing too lol

Thanks for all your help guys :)

ste

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
its ok i have found alftune and they will look at it on thursday when ive got it towed the
its was glad to speak to someone who knows about this car

shame he's book up for two weeks ive got loads of other stuff need doing too lol

Thanks for all your help guys :)

ste
you'll be fine there, i've never been myself but going by their excellent reputation on here you'll be motoring again in no time

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
you'll be fine there, i've never been myself but going by their excellent reputation on here you'll be motoring again in no time
I know i feel a whole lot better than i did this morning i just wished i took the in first place
and i know wandering what this garage did on my car but they passed it for mot
so am sure they must of done something but they never even give me any recipts
just a mot pass certificate i am a moron thinking about it but i just see the goodside in everyone!!!

but i know were she will be going from now even if it does cost more... in the end its all worth as i have seen lol

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
I know i feel a whole lot better than i did this morning i just wished i took the in first place
and i know wandering what this garage did on my car but they passed it for mot
so am sure they must of done something but they never even give me any recipts
just a mot pass certificate i am a moron thinking about it but i just see the goodside in everyone!!!

but i know were she will be going from now even if it does cost more... in the end its all worth as i have seen lol

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
always best to stick with a good reputable garage, even if it does cost that little bit more at least you know the car's being looked after properly

·
Registered
132 Posts
You should go flykick the other garage. Request evidence of what work was carried out.
Customers DO have rights, and you knowing what work was carried out on your car is your right. Scare them with "I'm calling trading standards".

·
Registered
107 Posts
well too be honest the remit was too pass it thought MOT as I was let down by someone else. I just panicking and phone around!!!!they were willing to help,

looking over the car this morning I think they have done what was
ask, Ie the MOT failures although I never got a copy of this!!!

list of jobs I was told need doing for MOT pass

left side front suspension arm
had to rewire the lights from back to front on drivers side due to issues with back bulbs lights always staying on
cleaned the parking brake, also advised to get calibre changed on left side
changed 3 tyres put part worn on
MOT test

I was charged £315 for the work above

on the MOT it has advisory items which again he never told me about apart from the air-bag light
there is also a mention of
oil leak,
spare tyre defective
offside front lower suspension arm has slight play in a ball joint
and they left the fuse boxed cover on passenger side floor

but looking back that’s all I agreed to was it passing MOT, so it could of been another problem thats caused the car not to start and gus had told to let no one else touch it, am listening to him

but my main think was to get the car road legal with MOT and tax and then I could tackle the other issues

Thanks everyone for this help i love this forum, ill try my best to help but I know sod all about cars :p

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
2nd item (rewiring lights) wasn't necessary ... it needs a new rev counter!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
So what did say when you told them the car wouldn't start?
nothing as i phone alfatune instead and gus told me not to let anyone else near it as he may know what the problem is,

and plus i didnt ask them to doing any work on engine just the mot,
i was happy with the work but theres no point me getting anrgry and shouting about i just put it down to my mistake and plus i was in a desperate situation
i know your saying show complain and stuff but its hard to prove

cheers

ste

1 - 20 of 36 Posts