Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from my parents house to find out that some b*stards have been into my house, turned it upside down and nicked the TV, playstation, cameras, iPods & general stuff!

pretty upset buy it all, but the police have been wicked!

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
Tis the season, gutted for you mate :(

When we went out at the beginning of new years eve I left the telly on with lots of lights as it's just asking for trouble during the holidays :(

Only came back early anyway as new years was rubbish.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Theiving scrotes - happened to us once :mad:

·
Vendor
45,953 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate. I was in your position 2 years ago, burgled & with no contents insurance too, it was gutting.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
That is bad, very bad. Hope you get stuff sorted soonish and mindset even quicker.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Feel sorry for you, remember to cancel all your bank cards and ask for new account numbers etc.
This, plus I would also start looking for signs of a cloned identity over the next 3 months or so. Give it a month or so and maybe use Experian's free 30 day trial to make sure that nothing untoward is being taken out in your name.

M

·
0 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear this Zoo:(

I don't know how I'd feel in such circumstances.

I hope you get it all sorted out quickly.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
sorry to hear that. We found it's not so much what they had taken but that someone had been through all our stuff. Did they get any keys that will need changing; house keys, car keys and the like.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Hi,156zoo.

Sorry to hear of this.
worth following Rosiebear`s advice,
and speaking from past knowledge
When you replace the stolen items
take care how you dispose of the cartons etc.
one month after doing a theft,they
are not adverse too striking again
looking for updated haul.
Nice too hear that the police
were up to speed.

All the best.

John tL.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Sorry to hear of your bad start to new year. We too had a bad start due to our wonderful breed of British scum. My son got jumped and beaten up by 3 ferrals at 2.30am after a party.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
aw zoo thats awful, i hope you get it sorted soon, we were burgled quite a while ago, the worst bit was knowing someone had been through our stuff.....

in the area i live now the police have a scheme whereby they come and smar****er all our valuables and put stickers on the doors or windows which, they say, deters anyone form attempting to break in and steal property, the smar****er is only used in one house at a time so everyone has a differnet dna print out {i think}....its very clever..and much better than marking stuff with a security pen....they also fitted a door chain and a mirror by the front door so you dont have to open the door wide to see who is there.....and also fitted new smoke alarms, all for free, that makes my area sound like a no go area but its precautionary....:)

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
What's smar****er meant to be? :confused:

Am attempting to replace the stars with words in the swear filter with no joy :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts