Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my abortive purchase of a 159 1.9 Ti last autumn, 5 months in a Focus has driven me nuts!

I've dallied with cheap early ones, tried a 2.2 (no ta). My mind wandered to new, but you can only buy what is in the system. No new orders for factory build RHD will even be taken until end July, with delivery late Oct if you're lucky. I can't wait that long. A fairly near dealer had a 57 2.4Ti in red, which is what I want, but black interior which I don't. I loved the drive - everyone who says it is in a different league to the 1.9 is right. Only had 9K on the clock, and ex Alfa car, but a bit worn looking, especially inside. They wanted £17.8K. I thought I'd found the only red 2.4 Ti in the country, but at the last minute spotted a pre reg 58 (March 09) newie with 40 miles on the clock, 125 miles away. Is the basic car (the other had a few extras), but there's nothing I really need extra, and has black interior, but there just aren't any tan ones around. They haven't actually got it yet, but it's due in the next few days.

So I've done the deal at £20,950 and hopefully they'll have it for me for next weekend. Very nice sounding dealer, but they do Ferrari and Maserati too, so will have a chance to slurp over the Quattroportes when I get there.

What do you reckon? Decent deal or not? They're ain't any choice around, and they wouldn't budge a penny on the price. I'm quite content with it - 3 grand more is worth it for new, and the 08 model I think. It has to be said, there is nothing like getting a brand new car. A nearly new just isn't quite the same. They gave me a decent price on my employees' Focus too. He's having mine, and is quite happy with that!

I just hope the recession isn't W shaped :)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Good for you :thumbs::cool:

Have a good look around the car before driving off though. Be 100% happy with her :thumbs:

Red Ti's are the best...:D

·
Registered
841 Posts
A very nice buy. :)
Quite a few of these pre reg TI's are in the system at the minute, 2.2 for £18K, 1.9jtd for £19K and the 2.4 for 20K?
Westerns in Edinburgh have an 09 reg 2.4JTD, brand new although in black for £19,995 so an extra grand for a 58 plate sounds a bit top heavy to me.
Just depends how much you want red and 2.4, you can get an 09 reg 1.9jtd in red for £19K on the road and im sure more 2.4s in red will be in the system shortly.
Good luck whichever way you jump.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A very nice buy. :)
Quite a few of these pre reg TI's are in the system at the minute, 2.2 for £18K, 1.9jtd for £19K and the 2.4 for 20K?
Westerns in Edinburgh have an 09 reg 2.4JTD, brand new although in black for £19,995 so an extra grand for a 58 plate sounds a bit top heavy to me.
Just depends how much you want red and 2.4, you can get an 09 reg 1.9jtd in red for £19K on the road and im sure more 2.4s in red will be in the system shortly.
Good luck whichever way you jump.
I've already jumped!

I did spot the black one at Western, but A) I do NOT want a black one under any circumstances (already compromised my tan interior!) and B) Edinburgh is not quite convenient for me!

There won't be any more in the system shortly. Alfa's order book is closed until end July, then delivery Oct/Nov. The only new 159s are what are at dealers already. There won't even be any trade-ins coming, as there's no new cars available.

So it was my 20,950 or a wait until November (and I wouldn't get that price on a factory order).

I'm hoping they'll have it for me this Saturday - he's trying to locate it at the moment.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YEEAAAHHHH!

Just had a call - it arrived today.

Saturday it is!

Talk about a kid on Christmas eve....... :)

·
Registered
841 Posts
Well played that man, Quite understand not wanting to go to Edinburgh to collect and demanding the right colour. (have what you want right)
Wasnt trying to put you off, just exploring the options which it sounds like youve allready done :)
enjoy the car - it will be :cool:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a lovely dealer - even taken a pic and emailed it to me "to keep me going till Saturday"!

How thoughtful!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts