Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like one of my toys has to go as house build is costing a bloody fortune.
Briefly 2004 166 3.0 Sportronic Lusso. 106k with history. Nuvola Blue. Bought the car last August and alternator failed on way home so got that fixed. Full history - well apart from cambelt being done at 40k so I had a full cambelt service at Richard Drake Norwich inc water pump tensioners, plugs etc at around 100k cost about a grand. Then exhaust broke and as I intended to keep the car I had a stainless steel exhaust made(Cat back) at Demand Engineering at Stonham Aspal for £360 lifetime gaurantee passable to new owner. New mats, new badge other bits and pieces I have forgotten about. Then some kind person scratches all along the back whilst parked at the doctors of all places but by this time I knew she had to go so had panels sprayed but to be honest as Nuvola Blue is not an easy colour to match you can clearly see on the doors where it was sprayed in ( it was done as a favour owed). There is very little rust on the car - only a little bit of surface rust on bottom of doors and thats it. Everything works - seats heated, electric etc sat nav ics the lot.
MOt till August sometime. I also have a mental Subaru Impreza WRX STI Type R import and that will be next to go I fear. I will post some pics when I can work out my phone and try and figure out a sensible price for the 166 too.
Reckon she owes me 4.5k but I won't be silly with price. In ideal world put the Alfa and Scooby in a garage for 10 years and they will be worth a lot more but I need money for house. OK so that wasn't very brief after all but I would prefer someone who wants a good 166 before I stick her on fleabay. cheers, Mark.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm saying this from an impartial point of view and not being biased towards the 166 - would you not be better off selling the Imprezza if you need the money for the house? With 166 values as they are, you are going to get what, £1.5 - 2.5K? What's the Scoobie worth?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Definately Poom, but both will have to go and I am booked in at a scooby meet in June so will deffo get a buyer there if I price sensibly and the mot runs out in May so will put a year on it. The scooby is quite rare being a 2 door import 'Type R'so moneywise anywhere between 5k to 8k for it. If the Alfa doesn't make enough I will keep it I spose cause I won't give it away - just means borrowing a bit till the next stage payment comes for the build. Always wanted a new 166 but just bad timing and not checking history thoroughly leading to cambelt service and then thought as I am keeping put stainless exhaust on! Never realised how much the build would cost initially.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts