Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
I see the name Victor and what springs to mind is a Vauxhall saloon from the 50s-70s. Quite modern looking at the time, but hardly a super car.

Vauxhall Victor - Wikipedia

·
Administrator
45,942 Posts
As you likely know, I'm an Aston nut. But what I love is their GT credentials, so a supercar does little for me.

A week ago someone showed this to me and I was rather disparaging of the looks, especially those round headlights in a sharp front. They seem to have gown on me though, as it doesn't look as awkward now to me as it did then.

The rear - from about halfway upwards I love. It's a delightful little hark back to the kamm tail on the Oscar India cars. But from halfway downwards I hate it with that ridiculous diffuser.

In summary. I quite like it? :unsure:
I dunno. I'm confused.

Reactions: Toronto Spider

·
Registered
35,432 Posts
The front is reminiscent of an old mustang with a missing bumper , to me.

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
I see the name Victor and what springs to mind is a Vauxhall saloon from the 50s-70s. Quite modern looking at the time, but hardly a super car.

Vauxhall Victor - Wikipedia
My 33 had a Bridge of Weir leather interior, genuine kit from AR and I fitted it myself.
Now to me the name ‘Victor’ conjures up the Handley Page Victor.

5192A5C5-F469-4D6C-AE56-066D9FECC93B.png

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
They were available in pink, to enhance that blancmange look they had when cornering.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
The F-type Victor was never available in pink - the contemporary PA Velox/Cresta was.

Trust me - my daily trip to school took me past the local Vauxhall dealer!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts

I can believe that no sane dealer would stock one, but my Auntie's friend had a pink Victor. Not this one, which doesn't look like an original colour scheme at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts