Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok cars been pointed downhill on drive. Footwell keeps filling with water.

Gah nothing on kick plates

Guessing it's a shite weld on a body panel...any other suggestions?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Blocked drains from the bottom of the screen? I think the ventilation system gets it's air from there, so conceivably if the plastic panel where the wipers are (can't remember it's proper name!) can't drain, it could dump through into the car?

Just a guess, mind...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a possibility...i'll fill it with water tomorrow morning and see if it goes down, or goes into the holes!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I had that on my old VX Signum - blocked drain in the front scuttle then water would build up like a swimming pool and overflow through the aircon/heater vent. Do you park uner trees?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope...no trees anywhere either here or at work..it spends the odd evening under trees at mums, but not significant no.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Ray, i'm not that suspicious of the door to be honest...the kick plate isn't wet...

I will admit, that the bottom of the weather seal (where the two ends join), after it's raining..shows signs of wetness..BUT the carpet on the inner sill, that leads up to the door, is bone dry...and i could hear a 'drip drip drip' with my head in the front passenger well earlier this evening..

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Got your note - other than getting yourself a look on Eper and Elearn, I cant suggest anthing, Ive never dismantled this area.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mr Mike and Chris

You win THE PRIZE!!!

Blocked drain on drivers side...blown it out with an airline...now whats the most effective way of getting the frigging thing dry urgently?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mr Mike and Chris

You win THE PRIZE!!!

Blocked drain on drivers side...blown it out with an airline...now whats the most effective way of getting the frigging thing dry urgently?
Ironically it's probably using the air-con :lol:
Obviously mop up and remove what you can first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts