·
Registered
11,604 Posts
It rarely does these days though...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The site still has the same great people, though admittedly these days there are a few plebs. But the site itself is truly an utter pile of **** stained toss rag, and that is not a dig at the mods I am aware it is not down to them.

If the swear filter doesn't pick that up does it matter? Probably not, I stand more chance of getting some timeout action or database error page rather than see this get posted.

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
I'm so p****d off with the owners of AO right now I'm going to sign off for the night so I don't get a permanent ban ! :mad:

Edit: Why wont it show me page 12 of the bug lounge ?!?!

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
It's a ducking mess! :rant:

It wasn't 'broke', it didn't need 'fixing'

Well played :clap:

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,409 Posts
As i said elsewhere, every other forum run and owned by tyreforums was down at the same time. Coincidence?

It would be nice for the owners to show their face and explain what the hell is going on - if anything - because this is an absolute disgrace. Database errors have been going on for nearly 6 weeks now, the site is about as slow as a diesel in limp mode and we are being fobbed off with the same bullsh*t excuses of we are looking into it and sorry for the inconvenience. Things need to change and sharpish. The people made AO a great place but the way it is being managed is slowly killing it

Whenever we had these issues in the past we were told there was a problem and that they were being fixed, we were informed that the site may close down for an hour or two. This has been going on like i said for damn near six weeks and that is unacceptable

·
Registered
37,649 Posts
I am not renewing my membership!

It is clear that all of the forums have been migrated to a single server, or 'cloud' and we have issues - either backup or housekeeping routines, disc space, etc etc.

As a member who actually pays to post on this forum it is NOT acceptable. TBH all paying members should DEMAND a free month due to the service received to date.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
That's what most of us thought :(

Ian's (Alfaowner) version of AO worked fine, merge it into a mass of other forums and it splutters and misfires :(

Well done mate for actually being able to post on here tonight.

My worry is what's going to happen to the Region lounges, no banter, no online chat, meets with poor attendance :cry:

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
I hope AO doesn't deteriorate in the same way that Saabscene :: Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource did when it was taken over.

Still a great technical archive but the banter and friendships transferred (along with the mods and staff) to Saab Tech Talk (STT) - Index instead.

Posted about it before AO was up for sale, the comments make interesting reading in light of the change.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/way-off-topic/289074-forum-sold-to-autoforums-the-exodus-has-begun.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts