Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 9 months of ownership on what i thought would be a nice car 55reg "156 jtd 140 Lusso"
53k and full service history have now part ex it was a lovely car when it was behaving but have had more than a few probs and with the MOT coming up which i know she would fail have now got a 57reg Mondeo so good luck to all you Alfa owners i admire you i just can't put up with something so unreliable but i did enjoy her

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
That is the way they are sometimes. Cars not Alfa's. Last seven cars, two were German (one of them had a few issues) and the Rover 25 I had never had the infamous HGF, in fact it's reliability was a 100%. Four were Italian and only one of them unreliable. Mind you it was in 2010 when I sold it, 27 years old and looked like new.

I love reliable Italian cars to the end :thumbs:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think you will find most of the negative comments are for the pre 07 model but time will tell will have to go some to be as unreliable as the Alfa

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
Good luck with your new car. :thumbs: It really is pot luck (I believe) with 'modern' cars. I think the height of reliability was in the mid 90's. Tech was there but not over the top with emission control and sensors for every bleeding thing :(
My old Ford MKIII Cortina was rust box but never let me down. Ford Sierra was neither a rust box or unreliable. Hopefully your Mondeo will be good too :)
Worst was possibly a 2002 VW Passat (bar the 27 years old Mondial). It never actually stopped but I seemed to be having it fixed or fixing it constantly. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts