Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, was happily tanking down the A1. and a horrid rubbing grinding noise appeared, pulled off at it turns out the a plastic lump of undertray that seems to cover fuel lines and filter on the back right hand side of the car has partially come away. The bolt seems to have run for cover. Its the back edge, so question time. As I don't have a stock of random sized bolts and will have to go buy one, does anyone know what size of bolt I need to re-attatch the plasic undertray wotsit to the car?

Cheers all.

Andy

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm pretty sure it is the same bolt that holds the rear undertray in place (around the edge of bumper). Maybe take one of these bolts out and try it, then you'll know for sure.

Marlon

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was hoping not to remove any other bolts!

I don't really want to do any harm with ham fisted fiddling.

Do those CDs that some bods own not tell you what size the bolts should be?

If so, and anyone is near one, any assistance would be lovingly accepted, as the bit is currently held on by string!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear drivers side is a plug, part number 60625251, £1.70.

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next plan could be large penny washer and self tapper...mine was done like that by a garage!!!

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Andy i`m not sure but i think the bolts are m6x1.25mm or are they m8x1.25mm now you got me thinking :confused:

Would have a look but mine aint got a rear undertray :rolleyes: was missing when i got the car

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The botch it and pray approach seems to be the way forward. I feel a slef tapping screw or two in the pipeline. Am I likely to go through anything under there?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speedy, V6's dont have undertrays (not at the front anyway) :p

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy, I would go and buy the proper bit to be honest but if you must drill and screw it the put the hole near the edge of where the plug should be. You should be able to stick your finger in and feel around the recess (fnaar fnaar!)

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
wrinx:

wrinx
You sure really really really sure

Only asking cos mine has a front undertray and some remnants of a rear one thats been lost in the past :confused: :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
speed freak:
wrinx:

wrinx
You sure really really really sure

Only asking cos mine has a front undertray and some remnants of a rear one thats been lost in the past :confused: :confused:
Positive...dunno how you've got a front tray??? They only have the rears fitted. Think its the same for the 8v's too......cant remember :confused:

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Its definately there all be it hanging on by the skin of its teeth now but it`s there and it looks like it has the original mountings and not a botch job

Must be a one off :confused:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The front undertrays can be fitted to original mountings I believe.
Hmmmmm...... got me thinking, maybe I should get a front undetray........

Marlon

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How much for the front and rear under-trays?
I thought about making one up out of 1mm aluminium sheet but decided it would be too much agro!
FGN

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
wrinx:
Front £91.47 but cant find the rear on the CD :confused:

wrinx
SH$T Was thinking about replacing mine when it drops off but think at that price i`ll keep cable tying it back on :rolleyes:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
marlon:
The front undertrays can be fitted to original mountings I believe.
Hmmmmm...... got me thinking, maybe I should get a front undetray........

Marlon
Wouldnt bother Marlon, they muffle a lot of that lovely engine sound. Nadine ripped the Twinny's of when she went ice skating and it sounds gorgeous now :D

wrinx

1 - 20 of 29 Posts