Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sad and slightly obsessive act
have you performed recently wrt your Alfa?

I just went out whilst the garden sprinkler system
was on to see how the hard, non-potable well
water was spraying all over the Brera. :( :cry:

(It was a leak in a hose resulting in a 10 foot vertical
plume that was covering my car with hard water marks. :eek:
I wrapped some tape around it. :thumbs:)

Any other confessions?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I go in the garage to get something and I find myself just standing looking and smiling at my GTA. No I am not "special" :lol:

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
I go in the garage to get something and I find myself just standing looking and smiling at my GTA. No I am not "special" :lol:
:D :D

Whenever I pop into the garage for something, I pat her on the bonnet and say "Good morning/afternoon, gorgeous"

That's a bit pathetic, isn't it?:eek:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

Whenever I pop into the garage for something, I pat her on the bonnet and say "Good morning/afternoon, gorgeous"

Now you come to mention it I do that sometimes! Forgot I did that:eek: :rolleyes: Just a quick pat and a wink its like I am being seduced or something. I wish some of the women I knew were as good looking!

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I spend ages picking out blades of grass from the carpet fibres, while the house stands nearby and rots above its blocked drains and leaking showers.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
If I take my car to work I park her right the other side of the car park out the way like that advert with the bloke in the mondeo that gets squashed by a satalite faling from the sky. Oh and I refer to my car as a her:eek:

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
I suppose the wash, clay, wash, polish and wax and full interior clean (leather clean and condition) one Saturday last month............:D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I suppose the wash, clay, wash, polish and wax and full interior clean (leather clean and condition) one Saturday last month............:D
Bet all of that took you all day and then it rained on Sunday

·
Registered
781 Posts
Well I usually keep a bottle of quick-detailer and a towel in my car, however I forgot to replace them after removing them when I needed the space in the boot...

After parking at uni, I hopped out only to notice that some bird had let go all over the roof and hatch of my car. :mad: Instead of waiting till I got home, I ended up getting back into my car and driving off to buy some things to clean it off with. :rolleyes: :p

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I usually keep a bottle of quick-detailer and a towel in my car, however I forgot to replace them after removing them when I needed the space in the boot...

After parking at uni, I hopped out only to notice that some bird had let go all over the roof and hatch of my car. :mad: Instead of waiting till I got home, I ended up getting back into my car and driving off to buy some things to clean it off with. :rolleyes: :p
I do that too :thumbs: I have bird poop neutraliser in the car at all times and last time I used it was in Halfrauds car park - much to the amusement of a couple in the car opposite. :lol: Mind you, they might have been more amused due to the fact that I was talking to my poor poopy Bella the whole time I was cleaning her :eek:

"Look what the naughty bird did :tut: We'll soon have you looking gorgeous....." :D

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Bet all of that took you all day and then it rained on Sunday
30 minutes after I finished it lashed down. Me inside with a big :D as the rain flowed off the car and the huge beads of water settled on my shiny and smooth paint work - and it is still like that :D

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
always carry some baby wipes in the car - they remove bird poop quickly but remember to wash off the residue later :lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
always carry some baby wipes in the car - they remove bird poop quickly but remember to wash off the residue later :lol:

+1 to that :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
46,122 Posts
I took a 1000 mile detour when on holiday, specifically to be able to drive my car along a particular road.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Your wife wears a bonnet? Sorry did I miss something? :lol:

·
Registered
32,440 Posts

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
I de-gunked the whole of the insides of my cylinder heads because I didn't like the black goo that was accumulating on the walls and cams.

It took about 4 days to do both of them.. kerosene, wire brush, kerosene, toothbrush, carb-cleaner, rag... you get the idea.

Now when I remove the oil filler to put oil in, it all looks clean in there. :thumbs:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Ralf wins so far..........................:lol:

·
AO Member, 166/164 Lounge Winner 09
820 Posts
I spend AUD $13 on parking a day at uni so I can keep the car undercover. I also park it on level 6 (the top one) of the car park AND park away from the lift so that nobody parks next to it.

Last weekend I washed it Friday, Saturday AND Sunday.

And when I pick my sister up from school I don't let her open the boot - I do it for her. She hates me for it.

Oh, and then there's the ride height which means I refuse to go up driveways or over speed humps. I know I should raise it but it just looks too good!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts