Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my 156 1.8TS, thinking ok its no superfast car, but its sporty-ish, looks fantastic etc etc......

but i get blown off the road by people carriers!!! it aint right i tell ya!! surely it should be more pokey than that??

people carriers got no business overtakin me...........no buisness!! :p :eek:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And them Ford Ka's can be quite quick under acceleration:eek:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im crestfallen.........the world aint right sob......

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
i bought my 156 1.8TS, thinking ok its no superfast car, but its sporty-ish, looks fantastic etc etc......

but i get blown off the road by people carriers!!!
But how often do you seen those people carriers and such like carrying people!!! Nine times out of ten there is only one person in there!! No weight to the things....

.... At least, that is what I'm trying to convince myself of :rolleyes:

Simon

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But how often do you seen those people carriers and such like carrying people!!! Nine times out of ten there is only one person in there!! No weight to the things....

.... At least, that is what I'm trying to convince myself of :rolleyes:

Simon
fair point! i can console myself as they disappear into the distance and im chokin on the oily fumes hehe

EEUP Marky!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i would be mate, i get overtaken by parents on school runs its great...im gonna get a remap dammit!!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I normally get people in Audi A4 estates fly past me in the morning drive to work:mad: :mad: and they are all about the same colour grey:eek:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and they are sh*t off a shovel mate! highly tune-able engines..my mate has a Passat 1.8T, VERY similar to Audi version, can be tuned up to about 450bhp....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just wish my 147 had a little more low down torque on acceleration:(

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
The Zafira VXR is one quick bit of kit. Looks sh1te tho. :lol:
Guess you'll just have to get a remap, air induction kit and rev the balls off the 1.8..... :) You should have a handy 165bhp if you do the above...might help when you see one of those fugly people carriers looming....;)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
me too, mine lacks that as well.....maybe in a couple years i will get the facelift 156 in 2litre and mod it up!

·
Administrator
46,080 Posts
my mate has a Passat 1.8T, VERY similar to Audi version, can be tuned up to about 450bhp....
Are they pub figures? ;)
I think your mate is spouting rubbish...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Zafira VXR is one quick bit of kit. Looks sh1te tho. :lol:
Guess you'll just have to get a remap, air induction kit and rev the balls off the 1.8..... :) You should have a handy 165bhp if you do the above...might help when you see one of those fugly people carriers looming....;)
yeah, fugly alright......hit with the big fugles stick.... and they drive like bell ends :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are they pub figures? ;)
I think your mate is spouting rubbish...
well......they are extremely powerful engines, built for tuning too. the 1.8 shifts the big heavy passat like a rocket, thats without any tuning...they can be modded up to 400 plus, but its then going into twin turbos etc, point being the engine was made for it.

although granted, the figures he has been quoted may be inflated....

1 - 20 of 91 Posts