Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a call from the dealer and they are sending the car down to me on wednesday.

Really looking forward to it. It ain't gonna be as fun as my 172 Cup but it will be way more comfortable which is why i'm changing (baby due in Jan).

But most of all it will have way more style.

Oh the car....

Its a 2.4 20v 55 plate 156 Lusso in dark grey.

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
Congrats mate, get some pics up when she arrives so we can all have a gander :D

D

·
0 Posts
Aaaahhhhh, I always wondered why your name was that, :lol:

Congrats man! :D

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Just had a call from the dealer and they are sending the car down to me on wednesday.

Really looking forward to it. It ain't gonna be as fun as my 172 Cup but it will be way more comfortable which is why i'm changing (baby due in Jan).

But most of all it will have way more style.

Oh the car....

Its a 2.4 20v 55 plate 156 Lusso in dark grey.
Well my black GT cloverleaf Q2 1.9JTDM is being delivered on Friday.. I am up now as I cannot sleep!!

:D
chuffed for you both. :thumbs: :D

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
interestingly, a couple aussie guys are thinking of buying into the clio 172. one guys has a 147GTA, and the other recently sold his 147GTA.

what do you think about that? what would you say to these guys, cos others of us are trying to convince them to stick with alfa's!

:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
interestingly, a couple aussie guys are thinking of buying into the clio 172. one guys has a 147GTA, and the other recently sold his 147GTA.

what do you think about that? what would you say to these guys, cos others of us are trying to convince them to stick with alfa's!

Well if they do buy a RenaultSport clio they will not be dissapointed.

The handling and feel of the car is way above any alfa I have been in or driven. On anything but a long straight road a 147GTA will not keep up and if they decide to get a 182 Trophy(best hot hatch ever IMO) nothing this side of Evos and Impreza Stis will keep up. Only probs with that car is the front shockers are £1500 per corner!!!

It is impossible to go faster for less.

My 2003 172 Cup is currently for sale for £5500. It has some mods and in the right conditions will do 0-60 in under 6 secs. Also after only 6 laps of the 'Ring I took it round in 9:51. Other people with more experience were getting into late 8s.
So I bet you can't think of a younger, cheaper and faster car can you?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
possibly not, but doesn't mean i'd buy one. :D

good to hear it's a fun car though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts