Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
driving home to night weather was really bad snow slush and ice and visibility to the end of the bonnet at best

car was driving fine in all weather mode and felt very stable
after a few miles the dash lit up with two warning lights ABS AND TRACTION CONTROL
then the display shows the following messgaes
ASR,VDC,.HILL HOLDER,STEERING CORRECTOR,ABS AND ALL D.N.A MODES UNAVAILABLE

at this point the steering became feather light and very little feeling
and the car felt very nerves on the road not great on ice and snow

its going to dealers for sure but any ideas what it might be?

its under warranty but do they cover cost of diagnostic work?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Are the messages still present after restarting the car?
Alfa's really do have personalities you know, if its not happy doing something, it'll let you know.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Ok, I know those messages have come up for people before and all has been fine after restarting. Maybe, something got to a sensor with the weather. See how it is in the morning and maybe just get the dealer to check it to put your mind at rest? :)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Are the messages still present after restarting the car?
Alfa's really do have personalities you know, if its not happy doing something, it'll let you know.
So true. I had an engine management light on one day turned it off then on still there. stalled the car while parking called it "a piece of s**t" and light went out :D

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
It's only ever happened to me once in my 2 years of ownership. If it's back to normal now I wouldn't worry about it, if it does it again or you have any doubts then get it checked out (there might be a record of an error logged). Not sure they'd be able to do much about it though.

+1 to "Alfa's really do have personalities you know" :lol:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
There come a point where the ECU gets overloaded & thinks **** it, you're on your own:lol:

Same happened to me in these conditions when I had my 159Ti.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
be nice if all weather mode worked in all weathers tho lol

going to get it in at dealers just to be sure

·
Registered
760 Posts
all the braking system warning usually come up when system has low voltage and the computer doesnt like it. Its understandable this time of year if your battery is a bit low or you've doing short journeys and you've got all the electrics running in the car. Happened to me on a couple of times on previous cars. Restarted later and all fine, sometimes takes a few restarts or journeys to clear the fault for the computer to re learn all is fine.

If its under warrenty im sure your dealer will be happy to plug it in to the diagnostics, or if the faults still come up when you come to drive it next you could call out the AA. The mito comes with three years AA cover, the AA man will reset/clear the fault or could advise you what they are? and you dont have to brave the cold weather :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Mine has done this in the rain... I left it for 24 hours, next morning it had fixed itself - Self healing car I believe.

I believe you have a couple of sensitive wires close to the grill and unfortunately if water gets in there go abit loopy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorted now been in to the dealers

the conditions were abit much for the tecnology to cope with but now all should be fine

C

·
0 Posts
Funnily enough mine did exactly this today, just after I had left home, the first time I've seen it. Switched it off, left it for 30 seconds then restarted and all was well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts