Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) well its here 2000 GTV V6 in silver with 69k, had it two hours and already a fault.

No brake lights, no horn. took out the brake light fuse, put it back in, brakes light working, and a bonus of the horn fixed who's fuse I didnt even move.

I feel its breaking me in to its temperamental nature :D

Couple of questions from my initial drive home....

1) I notice the steering wheel vibrates with the surface of the road when not held. You cannot feel it with your hands just visual. Is this a symptom of a fault or normal?

2) Clutch seems fine but biting point is high, also a wierd "clicking feel" feel at the very bottom of the pedal. Hard to describe. Again is the clutch on way out due to height or is this normal?

3) The aircon is warm as hell. Light comes on etc when pressed. Need a re-gas or likely to more terminal?

Other than that sounds glorious and Im getting on with it just fine.

Lets see how we go...

http://i44.tinypic.com/zwdojl.jpg

D

·
0 Posts
welcome to alfa world kimera, cant ansa the steering vibe.

2) if the clutch pedal sits higher than the brake pedal that is a usual sign of replacement due.
3) sounds like regas will sort that out.

R

·
0 Posts
1) Vibration sounds like a wheel/tyre balance issue

2) Clicking noise right at the bottom: If you lie in the foot well and push the pedal all the way down you should see the return spring goes over centre and then clicks into its new position (easier to see than describe). Nothing to worry about and you should soon get used to how far you need to push the pedal (not all the way) to change smoothly. The high biting point may just be an illusion because you are pushing the pedal further than you need to.

3) +1 on the regas.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brilliant chaps, thanks for the advice.

Clutch pedal is almost level with brake, little short.

You might be right about the illusion, pressing to 3/4 down and now its biting half way up :lol: Also, re return spring, you're right its the "feel" of the spring doing its stuff.

Check over, service and aircon regas then, Ill have a word with ItalAutos in Chesterfield and get her booked in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi, give us a call we are open again on tuesday from 8:30 am, we look forward to meeting you and getting your alfa in A1 condition.
regards tony

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, give us a call we are open again on tuesday from 8:30 am, we look forward to meeting you and getting your alfa in A1 condition.
regards tony
Will do Tony, couple of bits to do so I'll to pop in at some point for a chat.
Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts