Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Alfa nuts.
I am new to the forum but I am sure being a member is going to prove very interesting and helpful. I have a 156 1.9 mjtd sportwagon Veloce. Its Lapari Grey with Black leather registered 05. Its gorgeous, when its freshly washed I can't believe it's mine! Alfa Romeo are still the most talented car company in the area of design, the latest 159 and the Brera are stunning. Clarkson summed Alfa ownership for me simply by saying "You cannot consider yourself a true petrol head until you have experianced the frustration and exilleration of owning an Alfa" or words to that effect. Its true, I love my car, its looks, its power, the magic of the drive, but I loathe the brakes, the intermittent air bag light and the lack of any type of handle to assist in opening the hatch(oh and the depreciation). But so what eh? it's an Alfa. It's mine and it draws admiring, wistful looks from other drivers sat in their style devoid boxes. Sat on my drive or sat on the motorway my Alfa moves me, I find myself smiling for no reason, relaxed but alert for the overtake knowing that the Alfa will breeze it. Its not just the power and its not just the looks but both and more,something else in the cocktail. I have had several Alfas from an Alfasud 1.5ti to an Alfetta and a Julietta and they have all had that indescribable something, that little quality that you can't quite put your finger on, that reminds you of why we get up in the morning. Life would be so much duller if it weren't for Alfa Romeo. It's an Alfa and it's mine. I wish everyone on this forum a handshake and best wishes.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Welcome to your spiritual home Grinchy :D

Fabulous introduction - Glad you found us as well as your fine Bella!

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

·
Registered
42,283 Posts
2nd that wrenched, pleased you got the notes on pollen filters. Good luck. The long words you intellectual chaps use on the site give me great difficulty though, have to keep diving into the Chambers Concise, did mention I only did CSM schooling. Failed 11plus as well! this is true, but keep it up, stretches the limited resources of what ever is between my ears.

E

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AO. If the car is under warranty take it in about the airbag light, assuming like mine it is coming on and off rather than has come on and stayed on, it could be a wiring fault.

Contrary to the norm this was diagnosed quickly and rectified in a morning.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Welcome :)

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Hi Grinchy, welcome to AO. Great first post. Full of Alfa spirit. You'll fit in well here. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts