Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
It all looks very positive, and despite this Italiaspeed manage to put a downer on it!

If most sold are high spec then the profit margin per vehicle must be good.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yes its ok result. Italiaspeed say its not successful like 147. But Giulietta is verry good car. And if will successful in 2012. like in 2011. it will be excelent.

P

·
0 Posts
Italiaspeed is smoking something. The press statement by Alfa even states its the highest % of the hatch market Alfa has ever had. So by virtue of that its already more successfull than the 147.

But Alfa must learn to strike while the iron is hot... Bring out new cars ASAP. 4C, Giulia, SUV, Spyder these car should be coming of the production line with the Giulietta, not years after it..

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
IS are very well informed, but in the last six months or so they've become very negative in their reporting.

Giulietta hit its sales targets, in a difficult year for the EU car market. The "tail off in sales towards the end of the year" (Italiaspeed's addition) and "15% of new orders are for TCT" are probably strongly related.

A Giulietta SW is already on the cards, based on the slightly widened platform done for the Dodge Dart (not the Dodge Dart itself, mind you..). That, and a GT successor 3-door coupé would round out the range nicely.

Giulia is late 2013, 4C mid-2013. Spider can't be FWD - its biggest market will be the USA, and they just will not swallow a FWD car (look, it was hard enough to get them off their push-rod fixation...).

·
Registered
34,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"A Giulietta SW is already on the cards, based on the slightly widened platform done for the Dodge Dart (not the Dodge Dart itself, mind you..). That, and a GT successor 3-door coupé would round out the range nicely." A wider SW version? That would be unusual unless it was more than a Giulietta model.The drop in Giulietta sales caused by people waiting for TCT is a possibility and a nice thought as an alternative to the novelty wearing off too.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
"A Giulietta SW is already on the cards, based on the slightly widened platform done for the Dodge Dart (not the Dodge Dart itself, mind you..). That, and a GT successor 3-door coupé would round out the range nicely." A wider SW version? That would be unusual unless it was more than a Giulietta model.
This is based on pictures of widened mules spotted driving around Italy. Alfa have said that 1. there will be a SW variant of the Giulietta, and 2. the larger Giulia would not use the Compact US Wide design under the Dodge Dart, and 3. The "small SUV" (the only other contender for these mules) is not going ahead, according to the latest rumours.

It may be just as economical to reuse work done on the Dart to make a SW as it would be to lengthen the current Giulietta, and the result may be more competitive in terms of space - A Giulietta estate (see, I used the E-word!) would be a pretty small car still.

... WhatCar ...
The video gives the car four stars, but the website still awards the car only three.

And, what's this "Perceived Quality" thing? Would I really want to buy something that seems to be a high-quality product, or something that actually is.

·
Registered
34,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
"And, what's this "Perceived Quality" thing? Would I really want to buy something that seems to be a high-quality product, or something that actually is?" Well put.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Did 150 mile round trip in a 120 Guili the other day and found it to be a smashing car. I am now looking forward to getting the 170 with TCT in a couple of years time.

I founf performance to be good enough for me without having to put it in D mode.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts