Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a parcel to Milan on the 9th and the person is claiming he hasn't received it yet. It is tracked and Royal Mail has been saying for 2 days that its being sorted for delivery in Milan.

I'm concerned; oh and the buyer has raised a dispute with PayPal. Have I been screwed or is the Italian postal service just pants?

Break it to me gently :(

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Pants :thumbs:
If you have it tracked then don't worry about Paypal (muppets) ...

I'd imagine it'll get there a ******* sight quicker than if it was the other way round :thumbs:
The Italians* are not exactly renowned for breaking into a sweat :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Pants :thumbs:
If you have it tracked then don't worry about Paypal (muppets) ...

I'd imagine it'll get there a ******* sight quicker than if it was the other way round :thumbs:
The Italians are not exactly renowned for breaking into a sweat :rolleyes:
Tracked, signed for and fully insured. Apart from taking it there I couldn't do anything more.

Now that's a thought, I should have put Royal Mail stickers on the (Red) SW and taken it there - very special delivery!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
My wife sent a recorded delivery package to her parents in Italy before Xmas and it took two plus weeks to get there.... OK so it was Xmas time, but even so....

·
Registered
26,130 Posts
A small package from the UK just spent taking in excess of two weeks to make it to Maastricht.

(but my mini Maglite now has tons more light and is more frugal re. batteries)

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
The Ities
No need for a racial term, I'm part Italian and I'm sick of these pathetic slurs, why buy an "Itie" car if you feel that as a nation they arent all that they are cracked up to be? Not all Italians are slow, lazy and/or incompetent. It would be absolutely rude of me to call English people limey just because my letter didnt arrive on time :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Agreed, there is no need for terms such as that to be used. I've edited your post 996.

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
Fair enough...
That's how my grandfather referred to them in the war, not PC these days
:lol: If I wrote here what my Dad calls certain minorities I'd be handing out infractions to myself!

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I started this thread for information and a little sympathy, it was not intended as a racial slur.

I've heard today that one parcel has been collected, the other is still out there - somewhere.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Im not mad about it, just irritates me as I had to hear that word many times during my growing up. So 996 I'll shake your hand through the this medium :)

Tox1c - from what I know it was carnival a few days ago in Italy so that may have delayed the postal service

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im not mad about it, just irritates me as I had to hear that word many times during my growing up. So 996 I'll shake your hand through the this medium :)

Tox1c - from what I know it was carnival a few days ago in Italy so that may have delayed the postal service
Thanks bear1, that may explain it, the buyer was going a bit ballistic over the "lost" parcel, hopefully he'll get the other parcel tomorrow. The really important one was the one he collected today; I had to split up the goods to get within the 2kg limit for airmail.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts