1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Italian Car and Bike Club Joint Meet

Hopetoun House, South Queensferry
16th August 2009

In response to suggestions form various clubs proposing a joint informal meet we have gone ahead and planned one!

We have arranged with one of Scotland’s greatest country homes, Hopetoun House near the forth road bridge, http://www.hopetounhouse.com to use their grounds on Sunday 16th August for the meet. Check it out, it’s a stunning location.
It is not going to be a ‘public event’ like Craigtoun Park or AutoItalia. That would require a different level of intense organization over a longer time. If the meet works then it is hoped to plan a full scale event for Italian cars and bikes clubs next year with a slightly different agenda.

The arrangements this year are simple:

Hopetoun House will charge £5 entry to their grounds for every car and bike, even if multiple occupants/riders. The organisers and clubs make nothing out of this.
The number of cars / bikes is limited to 200.
We have to be in the grounds in front of the house by 10.30am at the latest. Suggested leaving time is about 3pm
Clubs will be allocated space according to marques. We will use the horseshoe and drive in front of the house, which ordinarily are ‘off limits’.
You need to contact the organizer posting this, in advance, to notify if you are going to display as we have to limit the numbers. The display cars will get a permit.
The restaurant will go from table service to self service for the day. Capacity is 100. The food is good.
The house will try and lay on interests for children in the grounds.
An engraved cup and prize is being donated by 360 Complete Vehicle Detailing for the nicest or most original car / bike.
The family still live in the house and it’s open to the public so we have to be well behaved and safe!
It’s absolutely only Italian cars and bikes. No exceptions.

Fiat x1/9, Ferrari and other Italian exotica owners contact Paul Santoni – [email protected]

Alfa Romeo & Lancia owners contact Philip Suttie - [email protected]

Fiat Barchetta, Ducati and other Italian bike or scooter owners contact Stephen Gaddis – [email protected]

Fiat owners contact Kelvin Toh – [email protected]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Gizmo: Can someone else drive the Spider do you can bring your bike along!? :confused:

Rodger: There wont be a problem with the trailer and tow car sitting in the normal car park close by, so no extra cost. :)

O-bob: Any Italian vehicle is display material, so dont worry, the more the merrier! :thumbs:

G

·
not really, best option is to use me van and bring the Ducati and the Laverda unless i fit a tow bar to the spider and buy a 2 bike trailer :D

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Sounds good Phillip, I'll try and make it along subject to family commitments. Might need to visit Deep Sea World before or after as a compromise :).

Cheers

Alan

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem Alan......would need to be after though really for deep sea world due to our times for this!
The House rangers may be doing stuff for kids too, will update the thread if thats confirmed nearer the time.

Just to add that we will have acces to all the grounds which is usually £3.70 per person, so people can wonder round and even have a walk up to the Forth.
However entrance to the house is extra.

I'm lucky on here that I can see who is coming with the rsvps, but pm or email for confirmation if you like for those who aren't on here as often.

I will send out another email to everyone nearer the time, and I'm going to try and avoid having to use printed banners like at Craigtoun Park. Will hopefully just use the list off here of confirmed yes and maybe to know whose coming, and give everyone an AO member ticket of some sort on entrance. Will agree whats happening with the others when we have a better idea of numbers nearer the time.

Anyone coming in other marques can still email me and i'll pass on info to the appropriate person.

Cheers for the support everyone! :)

Philip

·
Registered
59 Posts
O-bob: Any Italian vehicle is display material, so dont worry, the more the merrier! :thumbs:
I'll be there - A mate who is due back from holiday this Saturday should also be up for this in his 166 if he's free that day. He's not here much so I'll give him a shout.:thumbs:

G

·
No problem Alan......would need to be after though really for deep sea world due to our times for this!
The House rangers may be doing stuff for kids too, will update the thread if thats confirmed nearer the time.

Just to add that we will have acces to all the grounds which is usually £3.70 per person, so people can wonder round and even have a walk up to the Forth.
However entrance to the house is extra.

I'm lucky on here that I can see who is coming with the rsvps, but pm or email for confirmation if you like for those who aren't on here as often.

I will send out another email to everyone nearer the time, and I'm going to try and avoid having to use printed banners like at Craigtoun Park. Will hopefully just use the list off here of confirmed yes and maybe to know whose coming, and give everyone an AO member ticket of some sort on entrance. Will agree whats happening with the others when we have a better idea of numbers nearer the time.

Anyone coming in other marques can still email me and i'll pass on info to the appropriate person.

Cheers for the support everyone! :)

Philip
You want our number plates PM'd for the list???

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Bob, see you there......and your mate hopefully! :)

Mac, we shouldn't need to worry about that, but i'll run it by the others. :confused:
Any Italian car that arrives can get in the display area if they want really, but parking will be allocated per club or make of car.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Yep im up for this, for definate. looking forward to it

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stole the below message from the Ducati forum, there is plenty of interest on there and from other clubs.
Just to update, we have over 50 vehicles in total now. :)
Good support from Ducati up North, Fiat-Scotland, Fiat Coupe Club, Barchetta-Scotland and so far we also have a nice selection of Ferraris, Lambos, Maseratis......and a rare old Lancia if its ready. :thumbs:
Anyone from the West want to take charge in organising a run through to help me out?, as i'll need to be there slightly earlier. :confused:

Latest email from Stephen giving directions for Hopetoun House.

The response from the SDC has been fantastic and thanks a lot for it, it is really important to us all that this meeting is a success so that next year we can take an even bigger step forward. The best/only route in is from the A904. Hopetoun House is very well signed from the roundabout going to the bridge. Just look for the little brown signs with HH on them. Turning on to the A904 from the said roundabout you travel a short distance before taking a right turn heading into South Queensferry. After about a mile (or so) you'll hopefully spot the sign indicating left. This sign is not terribly easily seen but you will know it is approaching because the road bridge is almost overhead. This road goes through a housing estate so don't panic. There can be a lot of cars parked but at this time in the morning the only problem will be wakening the locals with the beautiful rumbling chorus of a fleet of Ducatis!!!! Only wish I was with you at that point! As the houses end the road becomes a little rougher but not terrible and as you ride along the shore line you will see the entrance and the grand avenue as you reach the gate keepers house. Then enjoy the dramatic view as you take the drive towards the house. There will be marshalls to direct you all to a suitable parking area, I will ensure that this is on the tarmac area. The main parking is on gravel, most of which is fairly solid and not likely to be an issue to anyone but I think it would be best to have you all parked up on the tarmac as Ducati side stands tend to be slender and likely to sink into anything other than concrete! As I said I'll be in touch nearer the time. It sounds a great idea that you all plan to meet up and arrive in convoy. It is up to you whether one person collects the £5 notes and then pays for the 'team' on the gate, I'll leave this up to you but obviously this will speed things up for everyone....either way no problem!

Speak to you soon, Kind regards, Stephen

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a few yes's from people not on the RSVP guys, so well over 20 Alfas in total so far. :cool:

I'm sure there must be some more of you up for this, I'm getting worried about us (the biggest forum :)) being overtaken by the number of Fiats and bikes attending! :wow:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Anyone fancy meeting at Strathclyde Park in the morning to run accross?

·
Registered
890 Posts
NoBono point me meeting at strathy lesley what time you heading up for could meet you for a wee run up

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd like to go to this but I'm unsure of how I officially RSVP to this post (doh!).
Hi Scott,
You should be able to see a bit at the top under all the other RSVPs, where you can click on yes maybe or no, add some text if you like and then submit your choice just like a post. :thumbs:
See you there!
Cheers
Philip

1 - 20 of 151 Posts