Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long shot but..... does anyone have a spare Italian Market front plinth (part number 156125836) they are looking to sell? My Quadrifoglio is ready for collection but the dealer is struggling to get a plinth. They are on back order from Italy and the Italians won't commit to a delivery date as usual.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried them this morning but they only order them in when requested and don't carry any stock unfortunately. I'm surprised that nobody carries any stock given that the part is only around £16. The dealer supplying my car has also sold another new Quad and the buyer also wants a short front plinth so it's not a rare request. I had the same issue when I bought the Stelvio and spoke to EB Spares on that occassion as well.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Perhaps stick it on with double sided 3M until the new plinth arrives?

Alternatively, heat the plate to mould to the contour of the bumper and screw fix direct to the bumper without the plinth?

Others on here have done both quite successfully and arguably, it looks better without the plinth.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Perhaps stick it on with double sided 3M until the new plinth arrives?

Alternatively, heat the plate to mould to the contour of the bumper and screw fix direct to the bumper without the plinth?

Others on here have done both quite successfully and arguably, it looks better without the plinth.
exactly, I did mine like that in May 2018, went OK through summer time (30C deg), winter time (ice/snow/rain/frost) and highs peeds, I inspected a few times if anything happens/weakens since I applied the tape - no signs - is like welded to bumper. IMHO looks way better than any Giulia's OEM pad (which does not fit Polish reg tape well - sticks out of reg on sides).

I used TESA tape (it had example use for car external accessories), although original plan was use highly recommended 3M tape (you know, 3 months waiting for car was not enough to order proper 3M tape recommeded by forum members).
I applied it on around 80% of plate back surface, I think 4 rows of ~12mm wide foam tape, and 2 vertical on sides. Before using the tape, I put my reg tape to very thick foil bag (to avoid scratches on bumper paintwork), shaped reg plate to desired pattern on the bumper, degreased surface of plate/bumper, applied tape to reg plate, then stick all to bumper. Easy work, being super carefull took me maybe 10 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
LainUK where are you in UK? I am currently on a Road trip here in Italy, in Pordenone right now to be precise. I can check if any dealers near me have the plinth, however not planned to come back for a couple of weeks. If you can wait, happy to pick one up. My Julie is wearing a private plate with 6 digits, I went for a sticker on the front bumper from eBay. First week while plate was transferred I kept the 68 plate in window, signed a waiver with dealer not to drill the front bumper.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's very kind of you speedd. I'm in Northamptonshire. If you found a dealer with one who is happy to ship it to me via DHL/UPS etc I am happy to pay them direct.

I may end up just sticking the plate direct onto the bumper as suggested.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Buddy, there is a deaaler in Pordenone and i will be in area tomorrow for market, its appx 18euro. Have reserved under GFs name as she's Italian.. Can collect and drop in post if you like? Send me a PM with your number, can call you

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
My sincere thanks to Andy (speedd)and his understanding girlfriend. He has gone out of his way and interrupted his holiday to drop by a dealer in Italy and post a plinth out to me. Top bloke.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts