Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi returned late last night from our annual drive to Italy,lots happened!
saw lots of Alfa Moments,loads of pics(will post some when someone shows me how) After a series of fortunate links,my girlfriends cousin who has a seriously modified 156 GTA S/W.advised me to visit his close friend who runs a Race Car/Classic/Modern Car workshop after hearing a slight rubbing noise coming from the camcover.I went the next day,car put on ramp,f/n/s wheel removed,liner removed.To my horror discovered water pump bearing worn,cam belt very badly worn and with a HOLE in it!!! belt idler wheels worn,cam cover rubbed badly from belt rubbing it.I told garage to carry out work,they used all genuine parts from Alfa,both belts changed,new water pump,new idler wheels,new cam cover,job and finish 997.Euros.Car had 47k at time.When I bought car 5 months ago,was told it had all this work done at 36k.Previous owner paid £1000.for this!I have all old parts and will shoe these to previous owner who will visit his mechanic for a CHAT!!Saw 3 Alfa 8c's and several MiTo's,loads of 166's (oh thats where they are)Car performed Brillianty on and off M/Way's,ICS showed 33.9 MPG(have photo)

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
WOW..there's luck ...there's very lucky and then their is DARKLORD.....Excellent.Good to hear a lucky escape.

Pomeo

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
The garage can, or should be named?

How much in sterling?

It's worth a driving holiday to Italy to get car serviced properly and cheaply?

A friend with Family links in Northern Ireland gets his appliance car serviced there when he visits.

It sounds like a 'proper garage' that knows their onions rather than a modern all plate glass and polish one.

It's a very disheartening story. You were lucky you stopped and got it checked.

This along with Darren156's E36 Coupe history really doesn't inspire confidence in car ads.

:(

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The garage which fixed my car specializes in custom/racing/modification/classic & modern,they are:Dall'Asta Racing,Via Piani Di Riva 14-VIAZZANO (PR)
Tel:0525-53528
They dont speak english,my Girlfriend is Italian,so you'll need an interpreter if you are planning a visit.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
When I bought car 5 months ago, was told it had all this work done at 36k. Previous owner paid £1000 for this!
That is outrageous. Name the cowboys! In fact, the previous owner should know about this, too, and should sue the b*ggers :mad:

loads of 166's
I saw loads in Rome during a couple of trips there. In the end, it was getting tedious :lol:

They dont speak english
Classic, those Italians, eh? The whole world is speaking English these days...apart from the Italians (who can't) and the French (who don't want to)!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts