Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a bit of an Italian Car and breakfast meet on Sunday Feb 21st if anyone would like to come along.
Breakfast will be at Te Cheswold Lodge on the Doncaster Lakeside / Dome complex near Doncaster Racecourse www.brewersfayre.co.uk/pub.../Cheswold-Lodge-Doncater.html
Thought if we open it up to other Italian marques it may attract something a little more exotic but if not if anyone knows someone with an Italian car, no matter what it is, mention it to them and ask them along.
Called in last Sunday morning and had a breakfast and very nice it was too, all you can eat and drink for £8:99. Use either the buffet service or the deeeliteful Sophie will take your order for as much or how many of anything you want and bring it to the table.
Had a word with The Cheswold Lodge just to be on the safe side and "Kevin " told me there wouldn't be a problem but to let them know an idea of numbers nearer the time.
The Cheswold Lodge is next door to the Vue cinema and is huge with a huge car park outside. To get there ..... A1 junction 36 and head towards Doncaster,
Straight forward at the roundabout towards the Racecourse. At the Racecourse roundabout take the third exit then second right and follow the Brewers Fayre sign and your'e there.
Posted this event on the Facebook / Alfabook thingy as well with quite a positive response, so hope to see some of you on Sunday 21ST
Cheers and thanks for looking

Kev.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Below is an alternative route for anyone coming south down the A1, or for anyone coming from Sheffield using the M18.
As there are only 3 sets of traffic lights using this route, 2 if you are coming from Sheffield.

Link to Google Map.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/53.4806292,-1.1466943/53.513472,-1.1030923/@53.4962049,-1.1429718,14z/am=t/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!4m1!3e0

At junction 35, take the M18 exit to Sheffield/M1/Scunthorpe/M180
0.3 mi
At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the M18 slip road to Doncaster/Hull/M180/M62/Scunthorpe
0.3 mi
Merge onto M18
0.9 mi
Stay in the near side lane as it is also becomes the slip road for junction 3.
At junction 3, take the A6182 exit to Doncaster
At the first set of traffic lights get in the out side lane (B&Q to your left)
stay in the out side lane through the next set of lights and you will be in the correct lane for the roundabout, (Yorkshire Outlet will be on the left.)
At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Lakeside Blvd
Go through 2 roundabouts
0.7 mi
At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Gliwice Way
0.2 mi
Turn left onto Herten Way
318 ft
Turn first left into car park, a very large car park.
The Cheswold will be in front of you across the other side of the car park.

We will be there, but the route will take a lot of planing, and I dare not even think about the cost of petrol for the Maser,:depressed: as for the Brera I think the best option
will be to leave it empty and let the wife fill it up being as she will be driving it.:devious:

Do not be suprised if you get a social visit from PC Plod, at the other end of the car park is a police station, and a very nice 159 is parked there on a regular basis.

it is about a 6 min. walk, or 1.2 miles from home.:yes:

John.

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the directions John and the mention,
Look forward to seeing you, the Brera and the Maser on Sunday morning. Her indoors and me have booked into the Pemier Inn next door
( saves going home after the 4C launch ) so will be there early doors.

J

·
0 Posts
Cool. I live in Doncaster so I'll pop down in the GTV V6. What time?
Jay

·
Registered
119 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Washed and polished the car today. :thumbup:
Airbag warning light came on after moving the seats to vacuum the mats. :depressed: previous owner had warned me that it was a bit temperamental. I suppose I should have left the plastic food tub, which was shoved under the seat, in place as it seems to have been there for a tactical reason...
Sigh...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts