Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried fitting Italian box this morning all connected up correctly as far as I could tell and the engine wouldn't start. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
one of the sensors connected to the box is likely not reading now, which is why you get a MSCF error. Or you knocked another sensor while fitting the box.

I'm not familiar with the "italian box", but I do know an unconnected rail pressure sensor, which all boxes connect to, causes a failure to start...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Italian Box - Beware!

tried fitting Italian box this morning all connected up correctly as far as I could tell and the engine wouldn't start. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be
Hi

I bought an Italian Box via Ebay. It arrived and was faulty. I sent it back and was promised a replacement upon providing a tracking number. The replacement never arrived and they then promised a refund which also never happened after many promises and weeks. Ebay are investigating the company and I have mow provided my bank with all the email promises and ebay correspondence to get my money back.

The owner is luigi and he is a liar. BEWARE!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I bought one for my 1.9 before I had it remapped properly.
I never had any problems, worked out of the box no problem but car was VERY smoky.
I still have it lying around if somebody wants it for postage cost...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi

I bought an Italian Box via Ebay. It arrived and was faulty. I sent it back and was promised a replacement upon providing a tracking number. The replacement never arrived and they then promised a refund which also never happened after many promises and weeks. Ebay are investigating the company and I have mow provided my bank with all the email promises and ebay correspondence to get my money back.

The owner is luigi and he is a liar. BEWARE!!
Funny, i had the EXACTLY the same problem. Definitely not the serious seller i had dealt with. Won´t buy from them again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts