Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A great morning out at Italia Autosport nr Holmfirth. A big thank you to john Pogson and his team for giving up their Sunday morning to show us around. Mainly Ferrari's kicking about but what Ferrari's! A brace if F40's next to each other, a 288 GTO, a 512 BB among others. You may spot some detail shots of a Lamborghini Countach 25th anniversary - the last to roll of the production line...

Cheers

Danny B

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Lovely pics Danny B :thumbs:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I can post only one reply

:wow: :wow: :wow: OMG :wow: :wow: :wow:

Count me in for the next trip there :thumbs:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can post only one reply

:wow: :wow: :wow: OMG :wow: :wow: :wow:

Count me in for the next trip there :thumbs:
Not wishing to rub salt and all that but it was a special morning. Whilst not a huge number of cars it was definitely a case of quality rather than quantity. How often do you get to see two F40's side by side? And hear a 288 GTO fire up and see (and hear it drive off)?

John, the owner, was very generous with his time and answered any questions, let us look in the cars, had all the engine covers open for us etc.

Really first class...

Cheers

Danny B

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Just the picture of the Lancia V4 gave me a trouser moment :eek:

Ghosty, Morris and Thorleyman you jammy buggers :)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Just the picture of the Lancia V4 gave me a trouser moment :eek:

Ghosty, Morris and Thorleyman you jammy buggers :)
Lunch weren't bad either :)

Nfortunately we had quite a few no shows, half the people who rsvp'd never turned up :(

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Their loss mate, :)

and mine, I didn't post an RSVP but it looked like one hell of a meet :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
It was a fabulous morning with some outragous cars, a F40 with 19" alloys the only once in the world and 2975 km on the clock AND I GOT TO SIT IN IT !!!! a F40 with delivery mileage thats previous owner was Jean Todt. The Lambo 25th Anniversary that was the last one to roll of the production line, all the cars had storys that were so interesting and the way John and his team look after them is simply stunning !!!

On a sour note i can still taste the garlic from my garlic mushrooms :(

On a positive note two newcomers to our Yorkshire region, Danny brilliant pictures pal well done and Bonzo and son thanks for joining us hope to see you again soon.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
It was a fabulous morning with some outragous cars, a F40 with 19" alloys the only once in the world and 2975 km on the clock AND I GOT TO SIT IN IT !!!! a F40 with delivery mileage thats previous owner was Jean Todt. The Lambo 25th Anniversary that was the last one to roll of the production line, all the cars had storys that were so interesting and the way John and his team look after them is simply stunning !!!

On a sour note i can still taste the garlic from my garlic mushrooms :(

On a positive note two newcomers to our Yorkshire region, Danny brilliant pictures pal well done and Bonzo and son thanks for joining us hope to see you again soon.
My wench wouldn't come near me, still stank this morning :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers mate, was great to have the opportunity to shoot such fantastic cars. I particularly like the shot of the 2 F40's with the engine covers up. Not that its technically a great photo but such a rare sight.

Will try and get to a pub night some time, Mrsw Danny's permission allowing of course...

Cheers

Danny B

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Wednesday 6 september. I can now confirm the garlic has left my breath and i am safe to speak to.

Still smiling about sitting in that F40, ill keep playing the euro millions

1 - 19 of 19 Posts