Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just found some interesting news about a new concept car. Sit back and enjoy!

Feb 22, 2002 - Giorgetto and Fabrizio Giugiaro have two urgent problems to solve before the opening of the Geneva Motor Show. First is to make sure the dream-car they are working on is completed on time to make it to Geneva before it is too late for its unveiling. The second is to make a decision about its name. This might appear as a detail but it is not. You simply can’t give any name to a new baby that – no matter what – appears as the ultimate beauty to its parents.

The ultimate show car from the Giugiaros of ItalDesign will give thousands of Alfa Romeo enthusiasts something to dream about. A dream that will be made true if the public reaction can convince the newly appointed AR management to bring it to production stage. Italdesign has designed and engineered the prototype to demonstrate its full feasibility.

The Alfa Romeo 'proposition' is for a top class Gran Turismo banking on an all-new Alfa Romeo V8 powerplant that displaces “more than 4000cc” and is due to effortlessly deliver some 400 HP or more. The engine sits in mid-front position, according a classic front-engine-rear-wheel-drive racing type layout, with the engine moved towards the centre of the car to balance weight distribution on front and rear axle.

The body architecture is that of a classic 2+2 seater configuration, where the rear 2 seats are nominal and good enough to take two children to school…on Sundays.

The style is simply gorgeous. Italdesign has had a love affair with Alfa Romeo since it was established. One of their first show cars was the 8 cylinder Iguana, built on the chassis of a racing Alfa Romeo 33, then came the Alfasud and its “Caimano” show car development. More recently Italdesign also created the spectacular Alfa Romeo Scighera.

Like the Scighera the latest show car from Italdesign is based on a racing type chassis with the bodywork entirely made of carbon fiber composite. The interior design, still being finalised, is said to be up to the highest standards of the house of creative design.

Selespeed
http://go.to/alfa147

W

·
0 Posts
Just when I thought the Nuvola was the car of my dreams and the best looking hunk of metal ever, someone goes and does this to me.............AAAAAArghhhhhhh

That is GORGEOUS!!!!

But will Alfa build it?

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Hey....my twinspark piccy has gone
Guess I'll have to get one for the V6 now

wrinx

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
What a stunner!Takes some 147 cues epecially rear lights and other Alfa trademarks such as the grille but combines them with a really bold and contemporary shape.Not retro thank god,love the proportions.Definitely an Alfa for the 21st century.Please Alfa build this car! I like,I like a lot!

B

·
0 Posts
well, im speechless after that last comment, but definately worth it........wow. i hope it doesnt just stay as a concept...

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Niiiice

Originally posted by G-147:[QB]mmmm... cleanex are gonna have a good month!
[/QB]
Presumably from wiping away tears of joy and happiness,don't know what else it could be...

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Thats right gorgeous that is! Better be at least 4wd if not rwd. Looks like it could batter a z8 to within an inch of its life!

G

·
0 Posts
jatts just shunning! Schee, lost the ability to schhpeek!

(the flare over the rear wheel arch needs to be reduced down just a fraction though I think)

Guess what I'd call it...begins with a P...

g

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkk!!

J

1 - 16 of 16 Posts