Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some may know - I do not take 'literacy' too serious on a forum :rolleyes: (aside from hating txtspk)

But the latest Thomas Cook TV advert which uses the word 'it' as a central theme really annoys me, as all the way through it is pronounced 'i' <-- distinct lack of 't'

Dream about 'i'
Chill out on 'i'
Fall in love on 'i'

etc

For some reason this driving me bonkers :mad: :rant: :mad:

And breathe......

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As some may know - I do not take 'literacy' too serious on a forum :rolleyes: (aside from hating txtspk)

But the latest Thomas Cook TV advert which uses the word 'it' as a central theme really annoys me, as all the way through it is pronounced 'i' <-- distinct lack of 't'

Dream about 'i'
Chill out on 'i'
Fall in love on 'i'

etc

For some reason this driving me bonkers :mad: :rant: :mad:

And breathe......
Mate i agree with you....

but what do you expect from a footballer and his wife :rolleyes:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am I supposed to know who they are as well? :mad: :mad: :mad: <-- seperate rant mebee? :confused: :lol:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just seen the ad. It has just become a serious contender for the most annoying ad on telly.

Anne from little britain has got nothing on them two.

anne.jpg Eh eh ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

:mad:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also picked up on this OofO, but I can forgive this one, as i'm not listening to the advert, i'm simply watching the rather beautiful Louise Rednapp (formerly Nurding)! She's quite a stunner!(IMO).

·
Registered
44,669 Posts
I think it might be the influence of Liverpool, a lot of people from that area do tend to drop the 'T' when they speak. Mr Redknapp is a scouser isn't he?

·
Registered
568 Posts
I think it might be the influence of Liverpool, a lot of people from that area do tend to drop the 'T' when they speak. Mr Redknapp is a scouser isn't he?
He played for the reds but I believe he is of cockney parentage.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I's on watch now. It would be much improved in my opinion if she got her baps out.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I's on watch now. It would be much improved in my opinion if she got her baps out.
It was 15 or so years ago that I had a poster of Louise on my wall...that makes me feel old, however I would say she has not aged at all, she has just got better looking :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I also picked up on this OofO, but I can forgive this one, as i'm not listening to the advert, i'm simply watching the rather beautiful Louise Rednapp (formerly Nurding)! She's quite a stunner!(IMO).
She still gets my vote as well :thumbs: despite the fact the ad is annoying

·
Registered
24,514 Posts
The advert annoys me on another level. It makes me think of those chav parents that get caught for leaving their kids at home.

Obviously it is unintentional but they hired them as a celebrity married couple - "The Redknapps", OK. They seem lik ea nice couple and all that.

They come back off holiday all smug and they notice some little girl in the airport. Reminds you they have a family so where are their kids while they are off indulging themselves?

Daft, I know, but each time I see the ad my blood boils! :mad:

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
The Rednapps go on Thomas Cook holidays. BARRACKS

They go to Dubaii to the island they bought, or to Portugal for Jamie to play golf at Dads Villa.

Bit like Richard Hammond saying he loves food on the Morrisons ad.

I do agree about Mrs Rednapp, she so would!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts