Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to replacing a blown front side light bulb in the GTA today. I popped into Halfords and was shocked to see that the bulb would cost me £3.99......£3.99 for a 6W bulb :wow:

So, being tight, I figured that my local trade motor factors would be maybe half the price, so I duly drove there. No extra mileage involved as I was on my way to the bottle bank which is en route. Anyhow, imagine how I nearly dropped to the floor when they presented said bulb, and asked for £4.57 :eek::rolleyes::tut:.....and it didn't even come in a box.

Lesson learned.....Halfords 'are' competitive on some car parts!

I'm currently trying to work out where I can 're coup' my 57 pence from ;)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Get LED ones and never replace again. Done it on both my 156's, h6w on the front and 501's in the numberplate. JTD hasn't had a bulb out in 2 years :cool: and no bulb out error

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get LED ones and never replace again. Done it on both my 156's, h6w on the front and 501's in the numberplate. JTD hasn't had a bulb out in 2 years :cool: and no bulb out error
I'm guessing they give a 'whiter' light too??

Could look pretty :cool:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hi

Are they the poxy little halogens that these use on the 156? Silly money for a tiny bulb.

I keep getting tempted to buy a load in bulk on Ebay.

All the best

Keith

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
GTA front and JTD sportwagon rear :cool: You know you want them 4m

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Now here's the bit that already relates to this thread. The ones in the JTD rear are cheapy cheap and have been faultless. They are just a simple board. The ones in the front of the JTD came from ultra LED and we a tenner. Wish I'd bought two sets as you can't get them anymore and the cheap ebay ones i bought for the GTA are proving not so reliable number plate ones in the GTA are cheapy cheap and have also been faultless. So pick your h6w's wisely

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Do you have to do any jigery pokery with the electrics when swapping normal for led bulbs :confused:
Nope. All ones I bought have been canbus approved :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now here's the bit that already relates to this thread. The ones in the JTD rear are cheapy cheap and have been faultless. They are just a simple board. The ones in the front of the JTD came from ultra LED and we a tenner. Wish I'd bought two sets as you can't get them anymore and the cheap ebay ones i bought for the GTA are proving not so reliable number plate ones in the GTA are cheapy cheap and have also been faultless. So pick your h6w's wisely
Well, when they next fail, I may just look at some LED options. However, as the only time they are turned on is during the MOT and once a month or so when I do a general 'lights/levels' check, it may be a while :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Well, when they next fail, I may just look at some LED options. However, as the only time they are turned on is during the MOT and once a month or so when I do a general 'lights/levels' check, it may be a while :lol:
I think you'll find it may be sooner than you think :p

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Just to cheer you up you probably mis-read the price. I was about to walk out in a strop at their prices too, when I realised it was an "includes fitting" price, and the bulbs were actually a reasonable price :lol:
Well on a 147 that means bumper off so it's definitely worth it. that will suprise them

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Just to cheer you up you probably mis-read the price. I was about to walk out in a strop at their prices too, when I realised it was an "includes fitting" price, and the bulbs were actually a reasonable price :lol:
I very nearly fell foul of looking like a complete numpty... bought a replacement headlamp bulb for the good ladys' car and when asked if I wanted it fitted... paused.... then said 'no' ... realised I hadn't driven down to halfords in her car anyway :eek:
:lol:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts