Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received my motor insurance renewal quotation from Chris Knott. The premium is £505 for comprehensive cover with protected no claims discount.

I think that is very expensive although I did make a claim last year. Can anyone recommend another company that can give me the same level of cover at a cheaper price?

I tried Direct Line and got a quote of around £425 but the voluntary excess was something like £750!!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
confused.com ... give them a try ...

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
confused.com ... give them a try ...
I did and ended up with a quote from esure for £412.20 although I had to remove my no claims protection to get it for that price. Chris Knott have agreed to match that price on the same terms.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Post Office were good for us last time around, with a fifty pound cash-back, after a couple of months? RIAS this time for the housey, Saga were not in the running this renewal.:):

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I did and ended up with a quote from esure for £412.20 although I had to remove my no claims protection to get it for that price. Chris Knott have agreed to match that price on the same terms.
:thumbs: confused.com is good at giving you a feel for the market ... glad that they "quoted you happy" :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Try Tesco insurance thats who I got the best quote off.

Direct Line,Tesco,Privelige,Churchill and some others i can't remember are all the same company= RBS. ( Royal Bank of Scotland )

Dont always jump at the cheapest, it's the service they provide when you need them that also needs to be taken in to account.

I found the search engines such as Confused.com to be useless.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you can meet the criteria of classic insurance, ie no commuting, garaged overnight, member of a club, that will be by far the cheapest method, if not you have to accept that you will be shafted, which as a motorist I'm sure you're used to, just like the rest of us.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I've just renewed mine through Norwich Union Direct. I got a renewal notice from them, phoned up to haggle on the price and they immediately knocked £90 off !

D

·
0 Posts
Different ages and types of people, cars and drivers are targeted by different insurance companies so what's good for me might necessarily come out cheapest for you.

Privilege is cheapest for me, Churchill guarantee to beat any quote .... by a pound so I had to remind them I've probably spent £1.50 on the phonecall finding this out.

Direct Line came within £20 but refused to do a price match for the sake of £20, their loss I s'pose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts