Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all would like to say I became a father for the first time 2weeks ago today so over the moon about my beautiful baby girl. :thumbup:

Regards the car seat we went for a Maxi Cosi pebble plus with a 2 way isofix Base which we checked and is compatible with both my 159ti and wife's seat Ibiza.

Now the base fits fine in her car but in my car the isofix points seem to be so far back that even when extended fully the base clips do not reach the isofix points.

Feeling a bit annoyed at myself but I did check and it said compatible with my Alfa 159. But it seems the isofix points are way too far back on the 159. :evil:

Has anyone else had this issue or can give any advice regards this issue?

·
Registered
114 Posts
They do fit! I had exactly the same issue with exactly the same base unit & seat. Can't respond now, but I'll write something more thorough later :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do fit! I had exactly the same issue with exactly the same base unit & seat. Can't respond now, but I'll write something more thorough later :)

Thanks buddie. Was getting stressed out. Get back to me later when you have some time. Thanks again. I will have another go when I get home today see if I can figure it out myself. lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Two things:

Fully extend the yellow arms

Make sure the buckle for the seat you're using doesn't foul against the grey clip (to extend the yellow arm) it's tight and can cause it to unlock.

I'll see if I can do some pictures too as with practice it gets easier!

And congratulations! My son's 8 months old now and the best thing that ever happened to me!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Isofix and Alfa 159- arghhhh! But does fit, been doing it a year now and still a pain getting it from wife's car (where fits in easy in 30 seconds) to mine - up to 5 mins of violent ramming it in!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not sure what car seat we have but basically needs arms fully extended, car seat belt well out of way and black things that open up the leather seats, a perfect line up and then a sharpe push on one side first. Once one on, other easy. If miss perfect line up - start over!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Yep, try fit, the biggest problem I found was the bars the the seat to clip on are quite low, so there is an element of getting your finger in and navigating it into position, after a couple of times putting it in, the leather has moved, formed(?) enough for the isofix to clip in really easily.

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just for reference, we've got a 3month old and use a Recaro Privia. Very easy to fix and works perfectly. The Recaro seemed to perform very well in Which? tests (which is why we went for it). Probably not much help if you have gone down the Maxi-Cosi route...

Fatherhood is great! Get ready for epic tiredness...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Isofix is all about precisely defined dimensions on the fixings, meant to be common between all cars. Alfa does meet those dimensions and positioning, but haven't helped us because they've made the hole in the seat a tiny little slot and the metal fixings buried inside - but, persevere, and it will fit. I have an isofix forward-facing seat now for my youngest and hated pulling it in and out, its like wrestling a bear and the more of a rush you're in, the harder it seems to be. But, it will go in, and attaches firmly once done.

By contrast, my wife's C-Max has the isofix attachment points clearly exposed inside a little plastic socket each side. Takes mere seconds with no effort at all - how it should be, IMO.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I have sworn A LOT trying to get our car seats on the isofix bars in the 159 but they do fit. One problem I found is that the foam behind the zips on the car seat can really get in the way of the locking mechanism. It's fiddly, but try to make sure that there is a clear path to the isofix bars in the seat and the foam is pushed well out of the way.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. Was gonna try yesterday but weather was horrible. Hoepfully today when i get home i can try again. Hopefully with time itl get easier. But mainly the carseat will be in mrs car but i still need it to fit in my car. Thanks again much appreciated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry, I've taken photos and will send a walkthrough. However I've got Alfa troubles too. So am under it as I write!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Norph, did you have a chance to share this today? Am interested to see how the isofix in the 159 will work

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good point. The 2 way base unit comes with a pair. But they really force/deform the cushions IMO, so I chose not to fit them.

Either way, the base unit will fit!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good point. The 2 way base unit comes with a pair. But they really force/deform the cushions IMO, so I chose not to fit them.

Either way, the base unit will fit!

Thanks mate. Got it sorted before you posted the pictures to be honest. Once you gave me the encouragement that they do fit I kind of used a bit of guile and some brute force and managed to connect one arm to the metal clip and once that was connected then lined up the other side and gave it another big push and there you job done. Thanks for your advice and tips much appreciated. Made life a lot easier now then fighting with the seat belts to buckle seat in. The base makes it so much easier.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts