Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TV coverage started 03/06 on ITV 4 from 9pm every evening until 11/06........:thumbs:

McGuiness has already broken the 130mph lap in practice saying he could have gone faster..:wow:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Yes, I'm taping a lot of this, can't watch it live. Too many people in the House, they shall HAVE to go methinks !!!.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
McGuiness has already broken the 130mph lap in practice saying he could have gone faster..:wow:[/QUOTE]

That is AMAZING speed, especially on 2 Wheels, AND a normal road surface too .....:wow:

·
Administrator
87,308 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I love bike racing but i cant watch the TT.Some poor soul(s) always cops it:(.I know they know the risks etc but its a bit of a dinosaur these days.Time to build a short circuit on the island..............?:confused:

Just my personal opinion.Hope everyone stays safe this year:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I'm taping a lot of this, can't watch it live. Too many people in the House, they shall HAVE to go methinks !!!.......:rolleyes:
How did we manage before the Sky box.....:confused:

You could allways send them on holiday......:lol:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I've just been catching up with some of the I.O.M. stuff I've taped. Its amazing watching the " 100 Greatest TT Moments " can't believe some of the old clips they are showing, and some of the comments are great too. well worth catching if you can Folks........:thumbs:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Just been watching some of the Superbike TT practice footage, some absolutely brilliant onboard Camera shots, especially the rear shots, of how quickly the scenery disappears from sight SO soon. Also amazing there are now TWO riders with average lap speeds of over 130 MPH, those being John McGuiness ( 130.242 ) and Ian Hutchinson ( 130.165 )...although Guy Martin is VERY close to joining them at 129.185.........:wow:

Great Stuff, indeed, methinks !!!!.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just been watching some of the Superbike TT practice footage, some absolutely brilliant onboard Camera shots, especially the rear shots, of how quickly the scenery disappears from sight SO soon. Also amazing there are now TWO riders with average lap speeds of over 130 MPH, those being John McGuiness ( 130.242 ) and Ian Hutchinson ( 130.165 )...although Guy Martin is VERY close to joining them at 129.185.........:wow:

Great Stuff, indeed, methinks !!!!.......:thumbs:
The TV coverage is much better this year and agree with you.....the on-board cameras are great......:thumbs:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I've taped SO much stuff lately, I'm deleting things I have duplicated, 3 or 4 times........:lol:

Looking forward to some " live " racing this week now !!!.........:thumbs:

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was hoping my recording of Moto GP practice was wrong......just been watching it as I was at Silverstone all day.........hoping Valentino has a quick recovery.......

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I was hoping my recording of Moto GP practice was wrong......just been watching it as I was at Silverstone all day.........hoping Valentino has a quick recovery.......
I think he will be out for 3 Months, if Sky Sport is to be believed !!!!.......:eek:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Just watched my recording of the Superbike race from Friday, which was delayed for a couple of Hours, but still well worth watching, and amazing to see the lap record broken again at over 131:500 MPH.........:wow:

I won't post the result, in case anyone else wants to watch it........;)

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
30 second penalty for being 1 kph over the pit lane speed limit.......who came up with that stupid rule.......:tut:....I have never seen anyone seriously hurt there........:Hmm:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
30 second penalty for being 1 kph over the pit lane speed limit.......who came up with that stupid rule.......:tut:....I have never seen anyone seriously hurt there........:Hmm:
Yes, I was a bit suprised at that as well, and its the first time its been used there. I don't think its a good idea myself. I cannot imagine flying around that circuit at ridiculously high speed. THEN getting down to 60kph, in a couple of seconds, just to keep within the rules.......:eek:

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So true....the essence of the TT is lost......ok, the top teams can afford the electronic limiters, but surely they have a % error, poor Guy Martin was 1 kmh over the 60 limit and it cost him 30 seconds, that was after riding 72+ miles and 36 minutes at an average speed of close on an average of 129mph........whoever came up with the rule is less popular as a traffic warden........:mad:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts