Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Do you, or have you humanised a car ?

• What the F*** are you on about

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • it's a "He"

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • it's a "she"

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • It doesnt have a particular sex, but it does have a personality.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • I call my car ............ (please tell us the name)

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • sometimes just "it", but sometimes one of the above as well

Votes: 5 16.1%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Certainly female.

Not really to do with personality, more to do with expense, hassle and lack of ability to be without.

·
Administrator
46,120 Posts
I've named all my cars, it's the right thing to do. They break down less if you name them, and when they do, you've got something to shout at them :D

·
Administrator
46,120 Posts
Oh, she's called Alfie btw. Not what I would have chosen to call her, but when I was searching for a name, someone suggested it, and despite me saying 'that's a crap idea', it just stuck.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Alfie as in Alfred ?? :confused:

Is your car a shemale car?! :eek: :p :lol:

·
Administrator
46,120 Posts
No! Alfie as in ... erm... look, she's a bit of a tomboy, OK? But she's definitely a she. :mad:

·
Administrator
46,120 Posts
It's short for Alfreda. I just checked and that's a real womans name, so there :p

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
mine's a she... defo, but she doesnt have a name... shes got a feature shaped like a females..errr.. feature!!!

Sometimes i do think my car's human becos everyday she is different... never the same. Unlike my honda which was always the same, everysingle day, always made the same noises etc.

Its better to be human... cos one day you'll be thinking... come on cheer up... then the next day you'll be thinking "I remmember now why i bought you baby"

:cool:
;)

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
Mine's definitely a she.......and I call her "Me b1tch".............................aaaayyyy :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,213 Posts
I was tempted to call the Alfa Sergio, because it was fast (surges) and Italian. But in my mind it was always called Vilk (my mum pointed out the letters on the number plate were close to the Polish word for Wolf, and that seemed approproiate).

The Puppy is just...like a puppy. Scamps about, is a bit unruly at times and has heaps of energy.

But I wouldn't ever name a car. That's just silly. ;)

g

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
You all need to
get
out
more.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Never thought about my car as male or female - its just a car no mater how beautiful and how much I like it.

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Scudetto said:
I was tempted to call the Alfa Sergio, because it was fast (surges) and Italian. But in my mind it was always called Vilk (my mum pointed out the letters on the number plate were close to the Polish word for Wolf, and that seemed approproiate).

The Puppy is just...like a puppy. Scamps about, is a bit unruly at times and has heaps of energy.

But I wouldn't ever name a car. That's just silly. ;)

g
I can hear you now: "Hey chaps, I went for a ride with sergio." :D

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,213 Posts
i can't say anything, can I? :rolleyes: :D

g

·
Administrator
46,120 Posts
MT said:
You all need to
get
out
more.
Let me set this straight. I think my car is a PERSON, but I don't think she's human.
That'd just be weird :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Mel Bonkers said:
Mine's definitely a she.......and I call her "Me b1tch".............................aaaayyyy :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:
Sadiki, you bad boy!!! :cheese:

My Alfa has a name, of course... some of you know it. I call her Eve, inspired on our sweet and tender Eve and the good Friend she is to me.

Yes, my 147 is my Eve and I love her. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nigel S said:
Certainly female.

Not really to do with personality, more to do with expense, hassle and lack of ability to be without.
...and is temperamental without any logical reason....
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I call my 166 Juliet, and she speaks to me (generally to tell me I am going the wrong way, or to turn left/right just after I needed to brake for the corner - is the SatNav set for driving at 10mph?).

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Mine's a she and she is called .......... ok, she's not called anything ... but she talks to me... usually just by peeping loudly when I open the door and the lights are on :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts